Stall opinions please

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go anything over an 8500 stall.

just ask zippy.

I have a Circle D 278mm 3000rpm stall in my truck, I was on a bit of a budget.. it's a great torque converter for the money IMO. At first, how the truck drove with the 3000 stall caught me off guard, I wasn't sure if I liked how different it was. Now that I'm used to it, I love how the truck drives. I wouldn't hesitate to get another torque converter from Circle D, Chris has awesome customer service and a great product.

I have a Circle D 278mm 3000rpm stall in my truck, I was on a bit of a budget.. it's a great torque converter for the money IMO. At first, how the truck drove with the 3000 stall caught me off guard, I wasn't sure if I liked how different it was. Now that I'm used to it, I love how the truck drives. I wouldn't hesitate to get another torque converter from Circle D, Chris has awesome customer service and a great product.

Same converter I have and I all felt the same way.

• 3 months later...

Couple ??'s as I am thinking of doing a converter also along with shift kit and servos! Get it all done at the same time.

What's the stock stall?

What "caught you off guard" & how was it different?

I still want to be able to tow a car if I want to. I was thinking 2600-2800. Will 3k be too much to tow?

I have cat back & CAI now, getting long tubes, thinking off 1.8 rockers & 42lb injectors over the winter or spring.

cam & lifters down the road.

How do the mods sound?

I Don't have any experience modding these engines or trans so your opinions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Edited by Mrrat1SS (see edit history)

Couple ??'s as I am thinking of doing a converter also along with shift kit and servos! Get it all done at the same time.

What's the stock stall?

What "caught you off guard" & how was it different?

I still want to be able to tow a car if I want to. I was thinking 2600-2800. Will 3k be too much to tow?

I have cat back & CAI now, getting long tubes, thinking off 1.8 rockers & 42lb injectors over the winter or spring.

cam & lifters down the road.

How do the mods sound?

I Don't have any experience modding these engines or trans so your opinions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Dave, I'm gonna PM you my phone number, let's shoot the breeze about this stuff this week....