Chrome rims + salt water-front living?

Downeast Johnny

Anyone have experience? I live on salt water waterfront with steady onshore winds. (The salt air would eventually tear up an anvil).

Curious as to how tough it would be to keep up with the Chrome? had stock alum. on my old 93 Silvy that got pretty rough looking. (Corrosion under the clear coat). The stockers on my 03 SS are doing fine.

Thanks for your input. :cheers:

Second thoughts on the tbss replica's?

Not really. Just thinking about all options. 05Silvycrew's thread got me to thinking about how good the stockers in chrome look.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/85498-oem-chrome-sss-20s/

Got a new yard toy a couple weeks ago, Alex. Moves my old favorite Weber kettle to #2 status.

You ever smoke that pork butt? (Yah the ribs were overdone a little. That missing bone just fell out when I flipped them to add glaze. But Miss Lynn likes them that way).

DSC01900_zpsf656c6fd.jpg

DSC01902_zps5845988f.jpg

2014-05-26123730_zpseeac9962.jpg

You can't go wrong with the chromes either. They would look good. Though I am a little bias towards the TBSS Rep's now lol! :jester:

Nice toy u got there! Ribs look damn good to me :cheers:

I haven't done the butt yet. I'm gonna try and do it this Friday. Start them late at night and let it roll on into the morning time.

What I did finish though was my bacon. I cold smoked it for about 12 hours, let it rest for 3 days and daaaaaamn was it good!

20140529_153644_zpszmabwbs1.jpg

20140601_151659_zps6flr2hcg.jpg

You can't go wrong with the chromes either. They would look good. Though I am a little bias towards the TBSS Rep's now lol! :jester:

Nice toy u got there! Ribs look damn good to me :cheers:

I haven't done the butt yet. I'm gonna try and do it this Friday. Start them late at night and let it roll on into the morning time.

What I did finish though was my bacon. I cold smoked it for about 12 hours, let it rest for 3 days and daaaaaamn was it good!

20140529_153644_zpszmabwbs1.jpg

20140601_151659_zps6flr2hcg.jpg

The bacon looks great Brother. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This was the wet cure, right? Best luck with the overnight butt smoke.

You guys are killin me with all the BBQ. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I wanna know is whens dinner LoL

A couple more teaser shots. These chow down's are most weekends. Kind of a side hobby.

DSC01583_zpsd802678c.jpg

DSC01511_zpsb5853ba1.jpg

DSC02306_zps4614228e.jpg

I will. That's what I keep hearing. Patience. Imma do it over night so it'll be easier with not having everyone telling me they're hungry. Lol.

Not sure when I will do bacon again, but hopefully soon. I'll get plenty of pics