03 Build

SuperStock

It crossed my mind, but I would think at minimum you would need a new crossmember welded between the frame rails and most people shy away from things if they arent bolt on...

Richard. If you build a crossmember. I'll get it welded in. You should have seen my friends faces when I notched and boxed in the front of my frame for my intercooler to fit in between the frame rails.

Maybe something where we cut the back half of the leaf spring off? Then use the coil overs for the actual suspension? Or build a bar to take the place of the spring from the axle to the front hanger?

Its super easy. if you can drop the trans and put it back in. you can do your own swap. to make it easy get the t-case shaft from Tme2kill. I can give you all the measuments to fab your own cross memeber. you don't even have to cut your factory cross memeber just add to it. I have a wrire up on it some where around here.

Its super easy. if you can drop the trans and put it back in. you can do your own swap. to make it easy get the t-case shaft from Tme2kill. I can give you all the measuments to fab your own cross memeber. you don't even have to cut your factory cross memeber just add to it. I have a wrire up on it some where around here.

Yes it seems like a pretty straight forward process. CHPSPECIAL will be doing the swap ;) I have already contacted Time2Kill and I will send out my input gear next week. Also I believe I'm going to get a rebuilt 80 from the dealer because I want an 80 out of a panel truck or motor-home because the gearing if different. I don't want to change both front and rear diff to 4.56. I have read your write up and it was helpful, if you could send me those measurements that would be great.

Can you explain that gear bit? The tcase is after the transmission, so the front and rear gears will still need to be the same...

The 4L60e has a first gear of 3,06 and the 4L80e has a first gear of 2.48 but if you get a 4l80e out of a motor-home or panel truck the first gear ratio is 2.74, so you can either change the front and rear diff from 4.10 to 4.56 or change the gearing in the transmission and or get a 4l80e with a 2.74 first gear.