looking for a wax that dosent attract lint

I have a freshly painted black truck. Every time I wax my truck lint, dirt, pollen sticks to it immediately afterwards. I have tried zymal, mothers, turtle wax, cdn gloss boss... what am I doing wrong??

Adams buttery wax will be your best bet. Americana is there best wax but it also attracts dust and pollen. Any wax will attract dust and pollen, it the easy of removing the dust and pollen from the vehicle that separates good waxes from the bad ones.

I'd check out chemical guys, shine supply and the brand new Surf City Garage pro line before Adams. Adams is great, I almost have their full line, but it's very pricey. There's plenty equal or greater products out there for less.

I currently use chemical guys 5050 paste wax on my black ss and I was blown away. Best I ever seen it, even better than when I polished it with Adams old polishes. 4a4yhy2a.jpg

aqyze6y3.jpg

Edit. I wouldn't recommend buttery wax, unless you don't mind waxing every month or two, tops. Yeah it goes on/off easy, but it's very thin and doesn't last long at all compared to a nice paste wax

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

When you say lint are you referring to the lint left behind from the microfiber towel? If that is the case what I have noticed is after you wash a microfiber towel it tends to leave a lint behind on my paint and glass after using it to remove a wax/detail spray.

Way to avoid that is always use a fresh microfiber or wash and do not use softener.

I like to rub the truck, i give it a coat every two weeks.. I only use micro fiber towels so i think its just air born lint. I have also used surf city, its nice but i dont think its giving me the shine that gloss boss does.

You're fighting an uphill battle with dust attraction with black, unfortauntley. Espcially if you want to put something on every 2 weeks.

Carnauba will attract dust, and it will get worse as the carnauba content goes up which is usually the case with higher quality waxes. Our Buttery has some, Americana has a lot more, and Patriot has more than Americana.

I'd recommend a synthetic sealant like our Liquid Paint Sealant. Almost zero dust attraction/static since it doesn't contain any carnauba, but still give a ton of gloss. Will last 4+ months before it starts to break down, so I'd suggest just giving a wipedown with Detail Spray a few times per week, and with every wash.

Also might want to look at the type of microfiber towels you are using and how you wash them. If you do anything other than let them hang dry you will produce static electricity. Make sure the towels you use aren't China junk either. If they stick to the imperfections on your hand they will stick to the imperfections on your paint.

Also might want to look at the type of microfiber towels you are using and how you wash them. If you do anything other than let them hang dry you will produce static electricity. Make sure the towels you use aren't China junk either. If they stick to the imperfections on your hand they will stick to the imperfections on your paint.

Very True. If you are using cheap microfiber towels you are going to have a bad time

I highly recommend a couple of these:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-494-adams-double-soft-microfiber-towel.aspx

or these are a little cheaper but still good:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-1020-new-adams-borderless-blue-microfiber-towel.aspx

Adams towels are the best. Also microfiber towels should be washed on cold with a with a mild die free detergent, and you should wash them separate. They will last longer and wont create lint.

Orrr, buy the same towels from the source for less than half the price..

http://www.theragcompany.com/Detailing-Cloths-Towels-and-Supplies_c57.htm

Junkman brought this company up to a lot of people and the feedback I've seen has been nothing but great. Free, fast shipping, low prices, and excellent towels & customer service

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

Orrr, buy the same towels from the source for less than half the price..

http://www.theragcompany.com/Detailing-Cloths-Towels-and-Supplies_c57.htm

Junkman brought this company up to a lot of people and the feedback I've seen has been nothing but great. Free, fast shipping, low prices, and excellent towels & customer service

Thanks for the link Brotha. :thumbsup:

Diggin' the new avatar.