2003 SSS cam swap questions

I don't have an attitude how can you tell if I have a attitude when we are talking via the internet? I have 102 fast, ported 243s, big cam, 4000 circle d converter and maybe, . . . MAYBE some of those race star truck wheels since they would take off like 200lbs and shorten the gears by just a bit. Future mods are lighter rims, spray, e fans, tranny cooler fan, meth and more spray but I am also considering a different route such as a high compression 6.2 aluminum block with ported l92s 65cc chambers and milled a bit with a nice intake and spray for those cammed vettes

Spray will get you 12s. But that's not exactly NA.

It was pouring the rain earlier that day and was around 75. I am tuned I just got my PCM back form zippy a couple weeks ago.

What was the name of the strip you ran at, where is it and what was the time of your pass (it'll be on your slip)? Ill pull your DA for you. I know for your mods at my usually DA you should be in the 15.1 neighbourhood.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three6GMC 427 Idle (Cutout Open):

Here is the truck I am talking about y'all might want to check it out he's going for 10s street truck then maybe 9s he's got the build for it its a low compression LSX with a single 106mm precision and meth injection everything he barely got the turbo in and hasn't even taken it to the track yet I'm kind of eager to see what it runs

I don't have an attitude how can you tell if I have a attitude when we are talking via the internet? I have 102 fast, ported 243s, big cam, 4000 circle d converter and maybe, . . . MAYBE some of those race star truck wheels since they would take off like 200lbs and shorten the gears by just a bit. Future mods are lighter rims, spray, e fans, tranny cooler fan, meth and more spray but I am also considering a different route such as a high compression 6.2 aluminum block with ported l92s 65cc chambers and milled a bit with a nice intake and spray for those cammed vettes

By attitude I'm not speaking about your mood, I'm talking about how you respond to some members opinions or thoughts. But anyways that's something all on its own and I don't give 2 $hits about that, you can carry on however you may, but you I'm sure you've developed some reputation that some members don't care for here.

I'm still curious to know what exact mods you were running at the time of your 14.3 pass, 60', and DA if you don't mind sharing. And would like to know exact mods you feel will get you in the 12 second neighborhood?

I see you listed spray efans tranny cooler but none of these will get you in the 12's NA, and what would be the use of meth in an NA setup?

I too have a longblock 6.2 in the garage incase the lq9 wants to give out, but would still take some work to get it in the 12's.

Meth with spray . . . bro just don't talk about attitude over the internet I don't give a shit about what you think since I can't control how people want to talk to me and how I look to someone okay? I may appear to be "that" guy but I ain't a bad guy

With the old pass I had none of the supporting mods for the cam and a small stall the cam will work great with a bit more compression so I got 243s and bigger injectors and a 3600 stall but never took it to the track again now I have a circle d c5 4000 - 4200 stall that left me plenty of room to grow. 60ft was a 2.2 I believe but before the LSXRT when I had ported 243s big cam and tbss intake with 3600 stall I raced this guy with a 427LSX crate motor on low compression on a 150 pill and we were literally dead even until 2rd gear he's also AWD xcab 2012 GMC sierra he ran a consistent 12 flat wwhenhe passed me on the street run I'd say I was about a late or mid 12s run but now I have the LSXRT and a bigger stall than those runs so that's why I am hoping to break the record on race gas but you guys are really thinking otherwise.

But you gotta understand you cant base a 1/4 pass off of what a street race, not because x car ran this means you run that time or close to it, if you don't believe that's true wait till you get to a track. Street racing is completely different from a track, and I do both. I've always raced cars that have more power then I do and usually have won (my old car), on the street. As a matter of fact this past Friday I ran a buddies RCSB 5.3 224 cam and bolt ons, tune, 3200 stall, on the track he red lighted I took a second to get ready and blew right passed him on the track, after the track he wanted to race on the street, I had 450lbs of passangers plus myself and from a roll he would I would jump then of course the cam made more HP up top and he would pass me. But that doesn't mean he would run the exact or silmiar time, he was a full second slower then me on the track.

I figure with the way ran that 14.3, if you got your 60' down to a 1.8 you'd maybe run a 13.5, but that probably would have took the use of a better stall, you have that now, so maybe it'll run the mid 13. Still need a full second off to be a mid 12 sec pass. Will the 243's, fast intake and converter get you there? idk but give it hell.

And ive seen 3 6 truck on PT, he was running low comp with spray for awhile wasn't he? Maybe he was and ran you NA on the street?

Edited by BLOWN SS/T (see edit history)

Meth with spray . . . bro just don't talk about attitude over the internet I don't give a shit about what you think since I can't control how people want to talk to me and how I look to someone okay? I may appear to be "that" guy but I ain't a bad guy

Nobodies saying you're a bad guy. You just have some unreal expectations.

I already told I don't give 2 $hits about that. I'm sure everyone can be different in person, but this is how we communicate and probably unlikely that all of us will ever meet in person to know each other, so this forum is how we all exchange info, including opinions.

He sprayed me on the street and I still won one run because his truck bogged on him off the line and he couldn't catch me on top end on that run other than that every other run he left me mid 2rd gear on spray every run me NA

How many car/truck lengths did he beat you by when he did get a good pass out his truck? Just to get an idea.

And to go with what im talking about, that right there is a perfect example. You say he bogged out on one run, that right there at the track wouldn't of been one of his best passed may of ran say a 13 because of that. Even then if he beat you by a couple lengths that could be well worth a second difference. Only and best way to know what itll run is to take it to the track and run your own personal times.

My point is I've raced plenty of 12 second cars and trucks and barely get passed on top end with my old set up

Still doesn't mean you would run a 12 second pass just because that other car/truck has ran a 12. And didn't you mention your lsxrt intake feels like you took a low end loss, any huge gains on the top end to make up for the loss?

How many car/truck lengths did he beat you by when he did get a good pass out his truck? Just to get an idea.

When he took me from a dig on the street on a good run I'd say at the quarter mile he was about a good truck and a half or maybe 2 trucks

I know what its no where near a good comparison but at a track i've seen where a car length or 2 have been worth a difference of a second. But that doesn't mean anything, its not a real comparison. Let us know how you do in August, hopefully your able to run a 12 second pass. If you didn't have a tbss intake on your 14.3 pass, then I'll take a guess that your truck given a perfect 1.8 60' will run somewhere as fast as a 12.8-13.1. Hopefully it goes faster. But we'll see. And do you have LT's already?