Need a new Transmission and Torque Converter

Well I had my truck back for two weeks and the transmission decided to crap out already. I don't know much about the transmission and converter currently in it other than it was supposedly built to handle the motor and cost about $2600. The converter supposedly was a TCI with a 3000 stall.

I am leaning towards either a Performabuilt with their converter due to the warranty or a FLT with a Circle D or other good converter.

I only have 300 miles on the motor so I don't have any dyno pulls or anything yet, the estimate is 650-700 hp,

I don't know much at all about transmissions/torque converters past what they do. I am staying with a 4L65E at this time due to the fact that I already spent a ton on the motor and don't have enough extra to do the full swap now, I need to get it running then I will start gathering parts to possibly do the 4L80E down the road.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I already read quite a bit about the two I am looking at and aside from a few people having issues with one or the other both seem to get decent results out of either. Do I have to go with their highest offering or is there anything that is more economical that I can look at?

If you can stand to stay off the go pedal, you could go basically stock tran's with shift kit and servo's and, like Steve suggest's, save up for the 80.

On the other hand you might get lucky and a built 60 might hold up pretty good. Seems like its just a matter of time, though with big power and the 60's.

Stay away from Performabroke, trust me. You'll be better off with an FLT and a PI or Circle D converter.....

I was gonna say the same. If I were to get a new trans I'd go with Flt. I don't have the knowledge or the time to build my own. They seem to be well built.

I kind of figured that is what you guys would say, I already read the experiences with performabuilt a couple of you had. Would I absolutely need the level 5 FLT 4L80E if I went that route or would the level 4 be enough which would enable me to get all the swap parts now.