Ported

coal miner

Haha yeap I did that too. I did it on my lunch break I have only 30 mins n finished it up at home. I took all bumps out. I used a metal deburring tool then a round 1" sanding wheel then a 2" round wire wheel on a drill then fine sand paper. Didn't take long at all. Took the blade out and ran it across our wheel at work n done. It's a lot bigger now.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

Lookin good, I have 3 87mm tbss/nnbs TB's I need to work on for some friends trucks. Not looking forward to it lol

The lower hump on those TB's look like a headache.

man they are about three hours off work on that hump.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got one done. The lower hump is what makes this a pain. I stopped counting after think 4.5 hours of time into it lol. I need to find another tool to get this done quicker. I only had a 600 grit for my final sanding, probably going to need a finer sand paper too. But overall it's decent.

post-12433-140441320808_thumb.jpgpost-12433-140441323496_thumb.jpgpost-12433-140441326614_thumb.jpgpost-12433-140441328979_thumb.jpgpost-12433-14044133289_thumb.jpg

Looks good. Mine was a breeze. When you have the right tools it's simple. I have a full on machine shop here at work.

I think you did the 78mm on the left side of the first pic right?

That was a breeze compared the 87mm, or even the 90mm TB are easier lol. It's just that dam hump on the 87mm TB's, what do you suggest for grinding the metal? Any special bits you have at your shop?

post-12433-140441524808_thumb.jpgpost-12433-140441529072_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

For the sanding drum 80 grit. Makes quick work. Can't make a mistake tho the steel bit cuts really quick. Yeah I did a stock tb.

I was using a drum and a 60 grit but it's a baby in size compared to that one lol.

The steel bit looks like the key. I'm assuming your using a air compressor and some sort of commercial tool?

Doubt any of these would fit a dremel lol