Pinoeer AVH-4000NEX

I was looking at this new double din radio from pioneer, but I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have it and like it, reviews seem good?

2. Does it install easy with the double din install kit without having to modify the dash at all?

3. I need a new XM module because mine is bad, will the aftermarket pioneer one use the same antenna as the factory or am I better of getting a new GM module and the adapter to fit to the after market radio?

Any and all help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-4000NEX

As far as fitting, there shouldn't be a problem. I have ran 2 different double dins in my truck, and they fit fine. If they are to long, you just cut out the support bracket in the dash. That will fix that issue no problem at all. The factory XM module should work fine if you have the appropriate wiring harness. Someone else needs to chime in to confirm that though.

I agree. I have the AVH-8400bh and I did have to cut the bracket in the dash. Look your unit up on Crutchfield, and if it says "modified fit" you have to cut the bracket. Not a bad job, but that bracket is a tough sucker. I put the Pioneer XM module in my wife's trailblazer, and it was no problem to instal. I put it under her passenger seat. Routed the harness through the console. It's too big to mount in the dash. We had one of the modules go bad, and have occasional issues with it from time to time, which generally just require a reset, and it's fine. Only occurs occasionally though. Can be aggravating. If you can easily incorporate a factory module, I would go that route. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk