Is it necessary to put mudflats on a Silverado SS Intimidator? Friends and family at home keep telling me that I have to put mud flaps on it.

My opinion on it is I don't want to. Reason is because I know that mud flaps will make my SS look like a work truck or something and they will kind of ruin the look of it. I like my SS the way it is without mud flaps. However if mud flaps are something I should get, then can you guys please help me out and let me know or recommend mud flaps to get that won't defile the look of my SS? I love my SS a lot and I am very happy that I followed through with buying it. Let me know guys. You guys are my SSS family.

i have them on mine since new in 03. mine is a all weather driver, and we have a lot of dirt/gravel roads here, and it does rain and roads due flood with mud..but if yours is a fair weather only driver then do with out.

Mine is my DD, so it has them. I like the look better without them, so if I did a show or a cruise-in, or whatever, I would take them off when I get there. The flaps look better than f'd up runners and mud splatters, so they're on the truck 90% of the time. If you only drive on nice roads in nice weather, I'd say leave them off. If you do any driving in the rain or snow, or on unpaved/crappy roads, I'd suggest you do your paint a favor and put them on.

Edited by levilz (see edit history)