Go figure... ANOTHER Header thread...

I seriously feel like a complete noob looking at all these header threads. ARH is too much for my blood, so Im thinking about the Dynatec Supermaxxx headers. I dont have a supercharger and don't think I'll ever get one. So I think Im going to stick with the 1 3/4 with highflow cats. If I've done my research correct, these should fit right up, and the newer Dynatec headers are supposed to fit better... correct??

Any huge issues or FYI's that I should know prior to purchase?

You guys all recommend going with the 1 7/8 and not the 1 3/4 ?

IMO I would say if your goal is under 600Hp 1 3/4 will do you just fine... If you are planning big hp's above 600 I would go 1 7/8... There are plenty of motors doing well over 600hp with 1 3/4 but from what I read 1 7/8 above 600hp is worth the upgrade... On the reverse side of things if you go too big of headers at lower hp's it wont help...

I have done a lot of research on this as well, I just got my set of 1 7/8 AHRs last week to go on when the transmission gets swapped out, it was worth the money according to all my research given the power my engine should be making. 1 3/4 are fine for anything near stock or under around the 600hp mark as mentioned above.

I hope you got your answer from above before I highjack this thread with another header question ( no point in opening up another thread LOL) Anyone have any complaints with fitment issues with the pacesetter 1 7/8 longtubes on AWD SSS's?...

I have ARH headers on mine 1 7/8 they fit like a glove and I'm awd.

Ok. Im going to be under 600 for sure. Closer to 500hp. Would hate to have to buy another set down the road, but really dont want to be losing torque.

get the 1 7/8 you won't lose no torque. I couldn't tell a difference between the 1 3/4 or the 1 7/8. Just a little more power midrange and up. I thought I might lose some bottom end but I didn't, nothing I could notice anyways. Edited by coal miner (see edit history)

Ok. Im going to be under 600 for sure. Closer to 500hp. Would hate to have to buy another set down the road, but really dont want to be losing torque.

Well if you are for sure under 600hp and dont ever seeing yourself more than 600, then dont bother spending the extra money on 1 7/8 just to potentionally lose low end TQ... You may not feel it as it may lose only 5-10hp/TQ maybe more IDK every truck is different... But like Fireman said it is overkill like putting twin walboro 416 pumps in a stock civic... But if, that is if you are near the 500hp range now and there is the slightest chance you could go forced induction or nitrous then go for it...

(Once again anyone have experience with PACESETTERS new 1 7/8s) My truck is a garage queen never sees rain or snow so a good set of functioning headers is what I want and I know pacesetters work just as well as other expensive brands but just dont last due to the cheaper steel and lack of coating plus they are only 400-500$)...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

2003_Supersport... So you're looking for advise on getting the pacesetters? I looked at them as well. The price is awfully attractive... You can get them coated right? I also cant seem to find the 1 7/8 on summit. Only the 1 3/4

2003_Supersport... So you're looking for advise on getting the pacesetters? I looked at them as well. The price is awfully attractive... You can get them coated right? I also cant seem to find the 1 7/8 on summit. Only the 1 3/4

Not so much on advise but rather fitment for the 1 7/8 on a AWD SSS... I know the 1 3/4 fit well... And yes I beleive you can get them coated for like $100 more through pacesetter otherwise there a a couple DIY threads on what paint and so on you can do... I dont care what they will look like because I would like to get them wrapped...

here are the ceramic ones but the standard black paint are quite a bit cheaper if you can DIY paint and wrap them- $772.95 http://pacesetterexhaust.com/99-06-silverado-sierra-suburban-yukon-tahoe-long-tube-coated-headers.aspx

black painted ones- $519.95

http://pacesetterexhaust.com/99-06-silverado-sierra-suburban-yukon-tahoe-long-tube-headers.aspx

EDIT- according to their fitment chart they should fit my 2003 SSS... Just wondering if anyone has tried them yet and had any problems...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I was reading a thread and people were saying that the new pacesetter design was much better than the old style. I don't know how to verify that in anyway, FWIW... I really just want a setup, with highflow cats, that'll bolt right up with no fabrication needed....