Props from a Mustang driver.

marc_w

No kill here, just some fooling around. It's been a little quiet here, so I'll post my little story.

Driving home from work about a month ago... I see a late model mustang pull up behind me at a stop sign. We're pretty well out in the country, on mildly quiet backroads. I hear the exhaust and the drone as it leaves the stop after me. I can tell he's a little rowdy.

We're on this one road for about 6 miles. I'm riding 3rd gear and cruising around the 2,000-2,200 range where my exhaust turns nasty (via the cam). I'm having a bit of fun giving little 1/3 throttle squirts down the small straight aways, and hitting the corners pretty hard. He's doing the same behind me. It was nice. No traffic for once. No joggers.

We get to another stop, where we're both taking a left onto a main road. I get on it a bit leaving, maybe half throttle. I look behind me and see him sideways... straight... then sideways again in second. He catches up pretty quick. Allright, I think... he's serious.

A few miles later we roll up to another stop to another main road. This time I leave moderately hard with a good squirt through the midrange, but back out and let second come in at about 5,500, as I was already over the legal limits. He didn't get out of shape, but took a little bit to catch up. I don't think he had traction.

A few more miles go by, pretty quietly, and we roll up to a light. He takes the lane next to me. I'm reaching down to pick up something that dropped on the floor, and he yells over, "Hey, that thing is quick!" I was caught off guard, and just laughed a bit. I said, "Thanks...". I was about to tell him something like, 'it's no match for his car', but he say's, "No... I'm serious!" and drives off after holding up his lane for a moment...

It was nice to hear something like that. I hope I didn't come across as a snob, not giving 'props' back.

I had that happen with an 04 Cobra convert. There was no way that I could have kept up with him, but when we were on it and he had to down shift to take me, he was pretty impressed. Its all fun and games!!! :thumbs:

Archived