Another one bites the dust....

cleansss20

How would u go about making an awd clone? Is it as eady as buying a reg cab 4x4 an swapping transfer cases?

yes it would need to be a 4x4 chassis. but then you would bring it down like the SS and do the AWD T-case. also might need the SS front diff if they are different ratios.

So I could use my rear end and front diff if needed and my transfer case and a tune? Sounds too simple lol what about the push buttons for the 4x4?

You wouldn't need any of that. the AWD System doesn't use any of that. you'd just use the running gear out of your SS and swap it over. A factory 4x4 truck uses a front diff that has a actuator to lock the front diff in / your AWD drive Diff does not and is always locked in. Same goes for your t-case in a since. really it wouldn't be that bad. it would just be a matter of swapping things over. heck I'd just use the SS wiring harness and get rid of the pig tails for the factory 4WD if you went that route.

Pretty much be this truck RCSB 4WD. then swap in you running gear. IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

This is Izzy performances truck. they launch it in 4WD. they do a burnout then switch it into 4wd thats why its hooks so good. see how it has drag radials on the front as well.

DSC00069.jpg

Same deal with Jared truck. 4wd launch/ a AWD swap would be Easy.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

If you can buy it for two and fix it for another six your @ 8 and they are giving seventeen, I'd live with the salvage title and take nine to the bank and keep on driving a truck I love.

Or is my math off?

x2

But I was wanting to do a cam and intake and I cant see sinking 8k in the truck plus another 3k in parts and not being able to sell if for what I have in it because of the salvaged title..so I think im going to buy the truck and have all the parts for a reg cab clone with a good title...

But I was wanting to do a cam and intake and I cant see sinking 8k in the truck plus another 3k in parts and not being able to sell if for what I have in it because of the salvaged title..so I think im going to buy the truck and have all the parts for a reg cab clone with a good title...

Ya but the "rule of thumb" is that you can never count on getting mod money back out. Stealership sure ain't gonna count it on a trade in value.

I am still thinking that I'll never sell this truck, (At least till I can't drive anymore), and so that figures into my thought that I would keep it.

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

Talked to insurance co. today! Since the truck is over 10 yrs old it can keep the clean title and they are letting me keep the truck plus 17k!! Looks like I might fix her up!

Nice I forgot all about the being over 10 years old deal. My uncle is a service writer for a big body shop here. I bought a total car from there that came with a clean title it was a 97.