Well I now own a TBSS another AWD SS

shawnss

Well I finally bought a vehicle. I had been looking around at trucks and just couldn't find one. So I started looking for a TBSS. I found one local to me for a fair price. that was what I want. AWD 4Dr leather and loaded.

Has a bit higher miles. 101k

has all the options.

Even has a few small bolt-ons.

Corsa cat-back

K&N intake

5% Tint

Full audio system

Black SS over lays

Billet grill

It does need some TLC. I will be doing a full paint correction soon and then go from there as to what needs repainted. I want to start with a clean ride and do some minor mods of my own. nothing crazy since this will be a family rig. I ended up getting it for $14800.00 high book is $19K.

Only have a few pictures. the silver ss is a buddys.

IMG_0640_zpsa5de2c0e.jpgIMG_0641_zpscd06796e.jpgIMG_0645_zpsc2ffd5d7.jpgIMG_0653_zps909cccd1.jpgIMG_0654_zps726c6140.jpgIMG_0642_zps17c4a8fd.jpg

Congrats looks nice. Looks like it's gonna be a pain to keep clean tho.

It probably will be. but oh well. black looks good. Im hoping to do a full paint correction this up coming weekend if I get time. then add a good shine to it and see how it looks. its not bad now you can just tell the owner before me washed it or dried it with a rough towel or cloth. just normal swirls and what not.

Very nice. I still want a TBSS bad. My wife and I have talked about it, so we will see.

You wont regret it. We have been talking about it for 3-4 years and just never really looked into them much. then I test drove one and thats all it took. they dont get the greatest fuel milage 13-14 MPG . but no worse than a truck. they are nice.

my wife an i have been looking at an Acadia or Traverse, but they are just so under powered IMO, so the idea of buying a TBSS came up, but I am also thinking about a Yukon Denali with the 6.2. But Im not planning on making a decision anytime soon.

Keep an eye on the front axle input seal and the output seals. My wife's 08 TBSS we sold when it has 34k on it and I think we had done 3 or 4 seals in that front axle under warranty. I think it was from the extreme cold up here in Ak that caused the problem. Just something to watch. Others than that, we loved ours. It was the carbon black.

It's pretty wild how they cram everything into that little truck. I did the 4hi mod, lol! Took me a while to figure out that the resistor had to go under the drivers side passenger seat