“The Cajon Crawl.”

desrtrat

just a heads up for all you SoCal folks, who are planing to go between the LA basin and Las Vegas. on I-15..

CAJON PASS — Get ready for “The Cajon Crawl.”

Interstate 15 lane closures that will reduce northbound travel from four to two lanes will take place over five weekends beginning Friday with significant delays anticipated.

Part of the $120 million Cajon Pass Rehabilitation Project that will extend the life of roadway surfaces about 40 years, the 65-hour closures are being called “The Cajon Crawl.” The duration will allow for a concrete curing time that provides a longer pavement life cycle compared to faster-curing cement pours, Caltrans said.

Lane reductions will allow for about a mile of paving each weekend, moving consecutively uphill from Highway 138 to Oak Hill Road.

The closures are scheduled to start at 10 p.m. Fridays starting this week and continuing Aug. 14 and 22, and Sept. 5 and 12. The closures will remain in effect until 3 p.m. the following Mondays, starting this week and continuing Aug. 18 and 25, and Sept. 8 and 15. Labor Day weekend will be skipped

this is going to S**K.. :mad:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

So it wont affect me going to SEMA

it should not, but their may be more traffic on HW-58 and 395 avoiding the gaggle f**k on the 15. i have to go thru there 3-4 times a week for work, and completion is about 2 years... :banghead: