Finally getting my "Super Beater"

Bouch252

For once all I want to do is put gas in it and get me from point a to point b. Well... I might put some big ol speakers in it. I need my loud music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the way I looked at mine for the first two weeks, but then it needed wiper blades and I checked the plugs, (Most worn I've ever seen). New set of iridiums and I swear it gained 5 to 10 horses. It's leaking oil bad so I bought a valve cover gasket. Changed the oil. Gonna need at least two tires next spring. Serpentine belt is looking a little shabby so that and the valve cover gasket is tomorrow's project. Then I found stainless long tube header for it on ebay. Hmm. So I'm thinking I was getting 30 MPG before I changed the plugs and I know she's doing better now. Wonder what I could get it to do?

Check out this poor old iridium plug. No idea how many miles on it.

DSC02421_zpsf99b0d8a.jpg

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

Thats the way I looked at mine for the first two weeks, but then it needed wiper blades and I checked the plugs, (Most worn I've ever seen). New set of iridiums and I swear it gained 5 to 10 horses. It's leaking oil bad so I bought a valve cover gasket. Changed the oil. Gonna need at least two tires next spring. Serentine belt is looking a little shabby so that and the valve cover gasket is tomorrow's project. Then I found stainless long tube header for it on ebay. Hmm. So I'm thinking I was getting 30 MPG before I changed the plugs and I know she's doing better now. Wonder what I could get it to do?

Check out this poor old iridium plug. No idea how many miles on it.

DSC02421_zpsf99b0d8a.jpg

Holy S$&t!!!! That may have to be the worst plug I've ever seen john.

Holy S$&t!!!! That may have to be the worst plug I've ever seen john.

It is the worst I've seen in a vehicle that I own, John. Funny thing is, I didn't think the car was running all that badly till I changed them out. The gap was nearly double what spec called for. :jester:

It is the worst I've seen in a vehicle that I own, John. Funny thing is, I didn't think the car was running all that badly till I changed them out. The gap was nearly double what spec called for. :jester:

I agree with you on that being the worst! Lol. I picked her up today. Runs great. Slight oil leak on the valve cover. Easy fix. And the rear turn signals and brake lights don't work. Third brake light does work though. Bulbs are good and front turn signals work. Time for some diagnosing. Hopefully a easy fix.

Edited by 2tone06SS (see edit history)