Picture of the Trenz Grill in the SS

shopman1

;) Just got it last night and put it in, no problem. It is put in over the existing grill, with the light a certain way you can see the old grill behind the new one. So, I am thinking about taking the old one out hover, the reasion I got it was because I did not want to modify the SS. We will see. TRENZ is looking into making a grill for the bottom opening as well.

23544983.jpg

That look pretty :cool: ! You definatly need to get the bottom to match and remove the chicken wire from the "brake cooling ducts". Do you think it offers more resistance to airflow than the stock grill?

that looks cool, i didn't know trenz makes the bolt over kind or i would have got that one, i like trenz. i got carrage works, it looks pretty much the same, basass, but you gotta get that billet bow-tie in the grill, it really brings out the grill. trenz makes one. :thumbs::chevy::cheers:

Thanks for the pic! How much did it cost? Assuming it was a snap to install....correct?

I think it was about $130. and it is very easy to put in. The only modification I did was to put in double nuts because you should not tighten it tight or you may break the existing grill. This will keep the nuts from backing out. I am debating paint the gray grills black as well.

I did a request for the lower grill and they feel they will come up with it in the near future.

:cool: I took the billet Trenz grill out and painted the SS gray grill black as well as the lower grill and the grills in the brake coolers. I put the Trenz grill back in and you don't see the SS grill behind the billet now, it looks much better. Just an FYI for all.

• 2 months later...
:cool: Guys, thanks for all the good comments. I just got today the bottom grill and the grills for the break vents. So, I will put them on this weekend and then post a new picture. The cost for the bottom and the vents was $220. I got it from JBM Sport Truck - Trenz has not made it as yet. They are the same as the Trenz that I have on top. They are polished. The only other thing I did was pull the stock grill out and paint it Black, that hides it better. You can cut them out however I wanted to leave the stock grill in. The bug deflector is clear! I'm looking for clear wind deflectors as well. Rock on. :thumbs:

Archived