This is bad

I'm pretty sure my transfer case is on it's way out. I've known this for a bit now. Unfortunately, I think the time has come for some serious $$ to be spent on driveline overhaul.

This morning, my truck was making all kinds of racket underneath when I was going part throttle. I was hearing shuttering and a little howling. Once I gave it more throttle, the sound would go away completely. The shuttering sound had been there for a little bit but nowhere near this loud. It has me nervous.

Looking for concensus from you guys. I know sounds are difficult to diagnose on the internet but are we still thinking transfer case or am I looking at even more bad news at this point (front and or rear diff)? I am trying to schedule an appointment with the local Chevy shop (they are very good) to have their master tech give it a look. Hoping for tomorrow or Monday.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Hmmmm... I revved the motor in park and noticed i'm still getting the sound while I'm out of gear. (Additionally, the noise wasn't there for the first few minutes of my drive home from work so it seems to coincide with heating up). This is something stupid I should have done before I posted this distress call... huh?

Wouldn't this suggest it's not a driveline part? I'm sure the T-case is not great but I don't think it's at the failure point... yet. I'm thinking one of the cats took a shit and I'm hearing the guts shuttering and rattling around when I'm on the throttle. Will throw up another post to see what you guys suggest for aftermarket cats. It's looking like no one makes them in a nice plug n play format so I might have to get universal POS high-flow cats welded in. Hoping to avoid that.

Thanks again fellas. Appreciate it.