TFS 216/220 .560 lift with 12499224 LS6 springs

Hey guys, I am new to the site, but not new to LSx and have been looking at this forum for sometime. I just acquired a 2004 LQ9 for my 03 4x4 Z71 RCSB along with trunion kit, servos, Yank SST3200, HD2, Pacesetter LT's, 3inch dual exhaust through a dual in/out magnaflow x pipe muffler. I have access to EFI live tuning through my job and have a healthy tune on my Current 5.3. My original plan was to install the motor stock with headers and tune. As I cleaned it up and put on new gaskets I could not help, but notice I had about another $600 I could toss at it. I looked on SilveradoSS and other forums/posts to figure out what I thought would work best in my budget. I noticed Zippy's thread about cams and saw that The TFS 216/220 .560 lift was what I was looking for at this price point and boost being a future thought of mine. I ordered the 12499224 ls6 springs from summit along with LS2 Chain, and the jegs brand chromoly pushrods, a new oil pump too.

My question is are the part number of the springs I ordered the correct ones? 12499224 its says .570 max lift and my cam is .560. I've read that crane ground these cams, along with lunati, and comp so I'm not sure what kinda lobes its got.

its just that <obviously> I don't want a valve dropping on me and I guess I could send them back and save for a bit for some PAC 1218's. I would really like to hear that the LS6 springs will be just fine, but I am here to gather opinions to help my project to go forward. I've heard good and bad about pretty much all the beehive springs.

I'm hoping for a reliable, powerful little truck.

Thank you in advance, any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks for the input, That's the way I am leaning. better safe than sorry. how long have you been running those 918's? I read they had issues, but I also read they got it taken care of now?

I was looking into PAC 1218's

Do you think the LS6 springs just lack the seat pressure needed or just all around not tough enough?

As Jason said, they should be fine, BUT... Lol

I ran .600 lift pac springs with a .603 lift cam. U gotta remember the lifters will absorb some of the lift, push rods do deflect and so do rocker arms.

I think I'd just get a good aftermarket spring and be done with it.

Thank you guys.. At this point I'm gonna send the LS6 springs back as soon as they come and order up some PAC 1218's.. Unless someone has an argument that will change my mind! Lol if I'm worrying about it already I can only imagine my anxiety when it's running.

Thanks for the input, That's the way I am leaning. better safe than sorry. how long have you been running those 918's? I read they had issues, but I also read they got it taken care of now?

I was looking into PAC 1218's

Do you think the LS6 springs just lack the seat pressure needed or just all around not tough enough?

I've had my springs in now over a year. I personally like to be on the safe side of things.

• 1 month later...