Kens turbo build

Boosted04ss

About a month ago I picked up an 03 SSS. Truck had a magnacharger on it when I got it. I drove it for about a week before I ripped the supercharger off and sold it. For the last 3 weeks I've been slowly gathering parts to start my turbo build.

I finally got started on it yesterday. I wasn't a fan of the turbo kits out there for the trucks so decided to build mine from scratch including headers and all.

I got the passenger manifold built, started running some piping and mounting the intercooler.

I will also add yesterday was the first time I actually tig welded and or built my first manifold. I know it's not perfect but how many people can say they built there own kit from scratch.

dfad4367bc4e74c60729cd64698538cb.jpg

acd5c5245e5a64252ed0dc63e413fdd3.jpg

4811a4467a95015e48a022b77713e2b2.jpg

5ca1e52fd6556eb96e59dee65a9762d0.jpg

2a0079b0b6e3b2853a8549f0c23f58f0.jpg

I'm running 1 3/4" pipes into a 2 1/2 collector. The bottom collector is going to be v banded and fed from the other side. I ran out of piping to build the driver manifold. I'll get some this week and build the other manifold next weekend.

The turbo on the truck is just a mock up turbo. I'm going to be running around a 78-80mm turbo.

Glad to see that you would rather have the satisfaction of building your own then buying. I bought a kit, and had to modify everything or fix things to be at my standard. I then sold it because I wanted to do my own too. If you need any help along the way let me know. I'm in north central Ohio and have all the fab things needed to finish it off.

Glad to see that you would rather have the satisfaction of building your own then buying. I bought a kit, and had to modify everything or fix things to be at my standard. I then sold it because I wanted to do my own too. If you need any help along the way let me know. I'm in north central Ohio and have all the fab things needed to finish it off.

Thanks for the offer.

I actually work for a very well know diesel fab shop that specializes in Duramax & cummins turbo builds. I'm building the kit at the shop. I do all the installs on the truck and decided to finally try and fab my own kit.