Trailing a car with SS

Okay so I found another Beretta Z26 car that is in much better condition than mine and I am going to pick it up this weekend. I was wondering if my Silverado SS would be good to trailer this car home? I am renting a u-haul car hauler trailer to haul it home. It's about a 3 hour drive home from the location I am picking it up from. I need to know if this will hurt my transmission at all or will my truck be okay with trailering this kind of car back from down by Lacrosse Wisconsin back to Dresser Wisconsin? Any advice? I bought a receiver tow hitch and a weight distribution hitch for this so will this be okay to tow with the Intimidator SS? Thoughts? Opinions?

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

You should be fine. I towed all sorts of cars around Wisconsin and a large U-Haul down to North Carolina and back without issue. Stock tow package and standard hitch. I always had fun pulling folks out of the ditch in the winter months with my AWD when passers by thought no way.

AWD or 2WD, these trucks are a beast. Drive smart.

No problem at all... I hauled a big U-haul trailer with my couches and Motorcycle in it from Jacksonville North Carolina all the way to Northern Minnesota non-stop 24.5 hours through the mountain passes of Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky... Hwy 77 to 64...At the time my truck had full bolt ons and a tune... It was a blast to drive and had plenty of power to make the steep grades even with the 4-6k trailer...

These trucks have a similar engine as the 3/4 tons do but with a little more power and the transmissions are awesome if you are close to stock with full bolts ons being the limit... Keep in mind these transmissions the 4L65E are still an upgrade from the normal 4L60E found in other trucks and LS cars

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

yep, hauling a trailer in the SS is no problem at all. That car does not weigh any more than some of the trailers I have towed. You are also towing over fairly flat terrain so it will be even less hard on your tranny.

Also I am shocked you found a Beretta that is still running. LOL

Okay cool. And actually I found more Chevrolet Beretta cars up for sale on craigslist. This one I am going to get just happen to be the one I wanted most. Found a good black running Beretta Z26 with a sun roof down by Madison Wisconsin for sale for $500. Needs some repair work to be done on it, but it runs and drives still.