Cam choice ????

No I'm leaning towards the 228r why would u recommend the 224 ? Pros and cons ?

Better fitted with your stall, and the 224 has been a well proven all around performer without sacrificing much. You don't need to much lift, which will make it easier on the valve train. But if your not sure, you should probably have one spec'd for you.

You can run that 228 with your stall, it won't be as fast as it could be, but it'll will still be stout. That way you can upgrade your converter later to a 9.5" unit.

9.5" converters are more effeicent than 278mm converters. A 278mm converter can't really stall any higher than 3200 cause the fluid can't change directions efficiently, due to angle of vanes limits.

What else do you plan on doing to your truck?

It all depends on what works for your setup. I have a built 370 with 228/232 cam and a 3500 converter cutting 1.69 60' and running [email protected] and 7.85 1/8 mile

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

I just want the truck to perform the best its gonna stay all motor for a while. I'm a performance junkie and am looking for the best gains possible just one thing is a must choppy ass idle is a must I don't want a smooth idle lol

If I can get better 1/4 times with a different can fill me in