4 valve quad cam head for LS engines

onebadmax

Mercury racing is teasing us. I have a pair of the quad cam 1100s in a skater. These heads are way ahead of anything we currently have. Not to mention the inherent valve train stability.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/mercury-racing-teases-4-valve-ls-cylinder-heads-at-sema-2014/?adbid=10152369530527540&adbpl=fb&adbpr=13601527539&sm_id=social_aumoautomobilemaghub_AutomobileMag_20141107_35172507#__federated=1

Knowing Merc, I bet the idle quality is amazing. Imagine a turbo with those heads, turbo'd love huge valves and huge flow. 5psi on these would be like 40psi on what we have.

5psi would = 40 psi on what we have now.... daaaayyymm sounds like Mercury has it all figured out, what is the rest of the world doing...

5psi would = 40 psi on what we have now.... daaaayyymm sounds like Mercury has it all figured out, what is the rest of the world doing...

Come on dude, can I exaggerate just a little? So it would be more like 5psi on these heads equal 12-15psi on what we have. These heads flow over 400cfm as cast. Mercury sells 1350hp motors that live in the harshest environment on earth (marine) for over 200k each and people are lined up around the block to buy them. So yea they know what they're doing.

By all means plz continue to run everybody off this site. Lol, you guys are the biggest joke around. Best technical site on the interwebs.

GM don't know shit! I'm gonna buy their block n heads and see what I can do above and beyond my 16 valve 408!!!

You wouldnt be able to afford it.

If it's so easy to build a reliable 1350hp motor for race boats, then why doesn't everybody do it....... Sounds like you could make some quick cash by building offshore engines. Think about it dude. Why do people, race teams, pay that much for a "1350hp motor" cause nobody else can build one that stays together.....