(TAC) Throttle actuator control P1516

chvygrl SS

Hey Guys!

Have any of you experienced " Reduced Engine Power" before?

So I have had this issue with my SSS for many years now and I have tried changing throttle position sensor, the Accelerator position sensor, and the crank position sensor in the past, but it seems that it's still an issue. It had been about 8 months since I replaced my accelerator position sensor and it was fine until today. It threw off the code P1516 which is the (TAC) Throttle Actuator Control, I'll have to replace it now and hope that the problem finally gets resolved. Have any of you ever replaced your (TAC)? If so please share your experience, and any advice or thoughts on the matter would be helpful.

Thanks

Check the grounds behind both heads it's a very common problem I know the passenger side cylinder head has a purple wire going to it that phrase and you get late intermittent reduced engine power I don't driver side there's a ground also

Check the wire harness to the TB as well and make sure there are no loose prongs... I had REP mode once after I installed my 90mm TB, I checked and rechecked all the wiring and found nothing... Only went REP when it was cold at first startup, I just cleared the code and it ran fine... I put a good charge on the battery overnight and rechecked grounds again and it went away and haven't seen REP in almost a year now... Try checking the TB harness and putting a good overnight charge on the battery...