Exhaust pipe size for HP.

JC03SS

Was doing some reading looking for the perfect size exhaust pipe I wanna go with when my new ride arrives. Came across a chart and thought I'd share it with you guys. It looks pretty helpful.

post-21185-0-93083400-1419722733_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna order some 2 3/4 inch SS pipe and a 2.5 or 3" Dual in Dual out magnaflow. Should flow pretty good and give me a little room to grow with a few Mods.

Thanks John. Yeah they really dropped the ball here. Nobody is gonna take the blame. I just hope they got it right. My buddies came in wrong engine wrong color. He said keep it. Fingers crossed.

Wow your friend must've been like are you f-ing kidding me after making the plung on the ridiculous prices trucks sell for these days and getting your hopes up just to be let down in a cloud of flames.

And I'm sure they were acting like are you sure this one isn't how you ordered it.

Wow your friend must've been like are you f-ing kidding me after making the plung on the ridiculous prices trucks sell for these days and getting your hopes up just to be let down in a cloud of flames.

And I'm sure they were acting like are you sure this one isn't how you ordered it.

He's actually my exhaust guy also. Yeah he's not happy so he said F it I'll go get a white Slt Sierra with a 5.3 then. The ball buster was it came in Iridium Metelic it's not a good looking color. If it were white with a 5.3 he would have prob kept it. My guy said it should be here this week but I've thought that for the last 3 weeks.

Well worst case you can thank him for saving you all that money and walk away way like your exhaust guy did.

I hate dealing with salesman they think they can sell anything and more then half the time they don't even know what there selling you

if this is factual, it disproves what most people say about single 3" pipe being too big for semi stock performance? under flowing, nonetheless

I did lots of research. I found this about half a dozen times. Lots of guys with a little over 500hp use only 1 3/4 headers with 2.5 pipe. Lots of good stuff to read.

Thanks John. Yeah they really dropped the ball here. Nobody is gonna take the blame. I just hope they got it right. My buddies came in wrong engine wrong color. He said keep it. Fingers crossed.

Got to admit that I have very little experience dealing with new truck salesmen but I am surprised that they have screwed up your delivery and your bud's order. Hope yours comes the way you ordered it, at least.

I have a buddy who ordered a 14 Silverado 3/4 T diesel with color matched trim, (No chrome. Had no idea you could do that), and cloth interior, (He didn't want the leather for some reason), and convinced them on what he was going to pay for it. He got everything he wanted and is happy with the dealer. Knowing Clifton he may have scared his salesman, though. :jester:

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

Haha this guy is a friend of mine I've know for many years since I was a kid. He is a Truck Broker down here. You tell him what you want and he will get it. He's always lower than the dealer. How he does it idk. But you can order a few diffrent configurations. I'm just so excited. I need to relax a little lol.

Haha this guy is a friend of mine I've know for many years since I was a kid. He is a Truck Broker down here. You tell him what you want and he will get it. He's always lower than the dealer. How he does it idk. But you can order a few diffrent configurations. I'm just so excited. I need to relax a little lol.

Never heard of a truck broker before. That's pretty cool, actually.

I have custom bent dual 3 inch with a x-pipe and 2 older flowbastereds with turn downs on them. I made 318RWHP which is up from a 312RWHP. The only thing I did was redo my exhaust.

That's good to no. :thumbsup: