LQ4 Acting Weird :(

Hello everyone hope you all had a good new years, and an alright hangover recovery.

Well my beast let me down 2 days ago hopefully you guys can help me out a bit.

It started with a random misfire, Didn't throw any codes no flashing or check engine light. Later that day on my way home I gave it a little gas. Sounded bad it misfired a lot check engine light flashed didn't stay on. Last time it did this it was a loose spark plug so I checked them all found 1 was a little loose tightened it started it.

Started up a little weird engine light was on had a weird/rough idle to it. These are the codes it threw. p0171 p0174 and a p0300

I can honestly say it cant be my 02 sensors I just changed them and the other 2 are deleted with my tune along with the EGR. I haven't had a chance to clean the MAF, which I will do here in a bit its just too ****ing cold outside atm LOL. In case it isn't something simple what do you guys think it could be?

Also it started to have a knock on the passenger side of the engine sounds weird, tripping me out it started after I fixed the plugs. It didn't get this bad until after I re tightened the plugs. Although my header gasket on that side does have a slight exhaust leak it could be it sounds that way because of the misfire.

Thanks ahead of time!

Have you pulled the plugs on that side. Lots of things to trouble shoot. Clogged cats. Fuel pump. Broken plug.

Fuel pump went bad about 3 months ago put a brand new one in. As for cats well I don't have any,straight pipe and MagnaFlow mufflers.

And yea I pulled all the plugs out both sides

Mine did the same thing a few months back. #7 coil pack went bad.

Is there a way to check them?

Fuel pump went bad about 3 months ago put a brand new one in. As for cats well I don't have any,straight pipe and MagnaFlow mufflers.

And yea I pulled all the plugs out both sides

Is there a way to check them?

Took the truck to autozone...they scanned it with there little hand held and showed which pack it was.

Took the truck to autozone...they scanned it with there little hand held and showed which pack it was.

Well that's where I took mine and it threw the 3 codes I described above nothing about a coil pack just a misfire code and fuel trim 1 and fuel trim 2 codes

Mine did something similar. It ended up being a bad plug wire. My headers burned it even though it didn't really show any signs of it being burned

Well I had a spare MAF sensor and that didn't do anything still the same reason checked wires and plugs all seem well any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea bro ended up being my spark plugs. Almost all of them failed at the same time. Talk about bad luck. It's the second time it happens 15 dollars per plug isn't worth it. Pulstars aren't worth a shit.

Never buy into the "Designer spark plug" BS. I've seen them come and go for a long time and they never live up to their claims.

Check out the last paragraph in this review.

http://www.carbibles.com/productreviews_pulstar.html