Built 65 or 80

This has been debated to death. If you don't mind a little extra parasitic loss, and a bunch of work for the extra peace of mind, all the power to you. It has been proven on here that a PROPERLY built and TUNED 65E will hold some big power. I wouldn't run anything not made by FLT, PATC myself. Just have a look as some of the build threads of some of the quickest members here. It's a preference, both work.

If you go rebuild 60 go FLT

For sure check with FLT, as they are in your local area. I love mine and they are great to work with. This all they do and can be trusted. It will never give you trouble again, and you can build from there.

CD

I honestly don't know if hes still making them or not. This is what I paid to do my 80e swap

$500 for my 80e (had 53000 miles on it)

$500 for NVG149 with the 32 spline adapter already installed

$1100 torque converter (PY 3600)

$50 front drive shaft (Junk yard)

$300 to have my rear drive shaft shortened and new U joints put in

$120 shift kit (Trans go 4L80e-HD2)

$80 trans fluid

$50 dip stick tube

$300 for misc crap I can't think of

I redid the cross member and installed the shift kit myself. I also removed and put in the trans myself. I'm probably missing something but that's a close estimate.

Hell Yeah.

I am getting the 6 bolt flywheel, 4L80 & the slip yoke for around $600-$700, the cross-member for $140, segment swap for $50-$100, wiring harness $200, TransGo HD2 shift kit $225, and the Triple Disk converter $1200. So it's more like $2400.