stock vs stall?

What is the difference between a stock converter vs say 3000 stall converter? Just want to get some answers because im clueless when it comes to this topic! Lol! Also if you get a different converter what else needs to be done for it to run right? What are the pros vs con's on doing this? My truck is a daily driver so I don't want to lose to much drivability! What do you guys recommend?? I'm mostly stock just exhaust and CAI! Thanks!!

A stock converter is puppy compared to 3000 full blooded huge dog.

Trans upgrades I myself would do is get a larger trans cooler, valve body, servo, and shift points. But the power you make might not be the right stall for you.

Your basically stock, no need for a converter yet.

Not really true I have a yank 3200 stall with FLT level 5 trans cai arh Lt headers full 3" exhaust and electric fans not in my mind highly modified.

call circle d or yank and ask them what you would gain or lose with a stall change and remember you'll need to have your truck tuned after the install.

Here's a video that might help explain how the converters work look more on high stall converters

• 4 weeks later...

So what comes first the transmission upgrade, then a stall? I am about to put a corsa sport on my truck. I have only a Volant cai and a tune. A cam and stall is something I want done to my truck too. Something that will not affect the truck too much, still going to daily drive it.