Need some advice on hvac???

cmoney23

Is this normal? Will it only defrost if I'm running my outside heat pump? Or will it only go into defrost mode when running the heat pump? Because I've only been using emergency heat

post-23304-0-39493600-1421238715_thumb.jpg

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

The unit should go into defrost mode on its own. When defrost mode is on the emergency heat will run the duration of defrost mode then shut off when the heat pump is out of defrost mode.

Put the system back in regular heating mode and let the system take care of it but monitor your heat pump. If it is not defrosting properly you have other issues besides the defrost board and sensor.

But on my thermostat I turn off the regular heat and turn on the emergency heat and that shuts off my outside unit and only runs my heat strips in my in house unit. So if im only running my inside unit will the outside unit still turn itself on and defrost itself every hour still?

If the outdoor unit is running then it should take itself into defrost mode as needed.

Put your system back in regular heat and let the heat pump run. Let your system bring on the emergency heat when it's needed.

Here's my number 502-475-105four

You're welcome to text me questions.