Underneath of truck rusting! !

LoneSStar

Our trucks dont seem to be very well coated from the factory. Mine has always been well taken care of in the south and still had a lot of surface rust on the frame and steel under structures of the bumbers, etc. All I have done is crawl under and clean areas off and spray paint it. Not a real long term fix, but I dont drive min a lot and it still looks pretty good after a couple years. I've heard of guys using POR 15 and even powdercoating their frames. I'm not interested in going to that measure. A wire brush and some good rustoleum helped mine.

Rustoleum rust converter paint and stay on it!!! I too was very disgusted with the lack of undercoating on our trucks! The sad part is the frame metal gauge is very thin compared to older trucks and it won't take much for strength to be comprised. Watch your brake lines. I replace all of mine with stainless steel after a blow out during an emergency stop! Cause by rust under the drivers seat.

I do the same as Marty and clean and paint mine, but was wondering what the life span is on that stuff Jeff? Just curious, may have to get me some and try it out!

I have no experience with the stuff so I'm not sure of the life span. It was a pretty thick layer (could put your finger into it) that they put on my buddies truck. If I had kept my SSS I def. would have had it done before winter as piece of mind (not that I drove it in the winter anyways)