Thinking of going dumped?

LoneSStar

Would upload a pic of my setup, but it is telling me upload to big. I have an xcelerator muffler ( same as a magnaflow X flow but a 1/3 the cost and stainless steel at that) with tips dumped right before the axle with flare tips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished welding up a new exhaust. I don't have the time to make the tailpipes and the way I set my mufflers up the stock one would have to be modified and I didn't want to do that eaither. So for now I have turn downs a foot or so before the rear axle. Curious to see how it sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

So figured i'd let you guys know how it sounded dumped. Its MEAN!!! Had a friend inside when i started my truck and they thought it was thunder. Cruising at 70mph and 2.2k-ish it was silent on the highway. No drone at all with the dynomax superturbos.

Over all too loud at idle for me, ok well for the town i work in [getting harassed by the cops constantly] So im adding pipes over the rear axle and out the stock location. Hopefully have it finished up tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

When you guys are saying "dumped" are you talking about doing a "muffler delete" or just cutting the pipes off after the muffler and dumping them to the ground? I'm considering putting in an x pipe in place of the muffler for some good cylinder scavenging then dumping dual pipes out the side just before the rear tire. Any thoughts?

My CTSV goes Stainless headers, cats, xpipe, exits to the rear and I get compliment after compliment on it's sound.

When you guys are saying "dumped" are you talking about doing a "muffler delete" or just cutting the pipes off after the muffler and dumping them to the ground? I'm considering putting in an x pipe in place of the muffler for some good cylinder scavenging then dumping dual pipes out the side just before the rear tire. Any thoughts?

My CTSV goes Stainless headers, cats, xpipe, exits to the rear and I get compliment after compliment on it's sound.

I mean with mufflers and turned down before axle.

And previously when i said i had a friend inside, i meant inside the house and heard me starting the truck in the driveway. He thought it was a thunderstorm at first.

• 3 weeks later...

Go balls out and do it. They sound mean this way, if not it's to quiet for my liking.

I have glasspacks on my truck that exit before the right rear wheel. It doesn't sound that great unless you're ripping ass but it's by no means quiet.