Welding up my exhaust lots of pics, sounds amazing

Welding my exhaust up! Its 3in (or slightly larger to slip over) mandrel bends the whole way through. I started with fake cats and some Borla's (which are for sale now) but they were wayyyyyyy too loud, 3in pipe really makes some noise. Now I'm doing headers > a set of race bullets (which look enough like cats that I'm good in Texas) > X-Pipe which does a surprisingly good job of muffling sound > cutouts > Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, which are the quietest no baffle muffler according to numerous sources and I can attest they do a great job and quieting everything down > out right in front the rear wheel. Really enjoyed welding all this up its a fun thing for someone with OCD to do and I'm extremely happy with how it all turned out with the 4 mufflers and x-pipe the sound is incredible. There is something about the Hooker's that make them quiet at idle and cruising but when you open it up they give you a nice growl the sound is exactly what I would do if I had the means to make my own muffler/sound. I went to the junkyard and got some stock hangers that way if I ever need to replace them I know just to buy the stock ones. Have 3 v-bands in there so I can easily remove the exhaust and do whatever. Heres the pics!!

Here are the original parts I was going to go with but... not a good call on my part way too loud

original_exhaust_parts.JPG

original_exhuast_parts_2.JPG

Heres the new mufflers

exhaust_parts.JPG

Heres the bullets getting the V-band welded up. Someone drained my argon -_- so I had to weld these with flux core, no biggie tho because I was planning on grinding down all the welds anyways, I'm going to smooth all the welds out than ceramic coat it and it will look like its one long pipe the whole way through

race_bullets.jpg

Here it is tacked up trying to figure out clearances and what not I spent way too long staring at this trying to decide what to do

exhaust_in_truck.JPG

exhaust_in_truck_2.JPG

Heres a bend for the V-Band and some initial grinding

race_bullet_2.JPG

Got some 1/2 rod at home depot to form the hangers from

exhuast_hanger_rod.JPG

Not a very good torch this took awhile

heating_exhaust_rod.JPG

This little bender put out for sure

pipe_bender_2.JPG

Forming the hanger

red_hot_hanger.jpg

heres one of the hangers completed

complete_exhuast_hanger.JPG

More pics to follow....

-Matt

I really like it loud!! Thats why I have the cutouts, but I take road trips in it and drive the wife around a lot and I really really like the quiet grumble for daily and than opening it up when I want to have some fun. With dual 3in pipes the Borla's made almost no change to the sound. You have a sound clip of yours ?

Thanks for the compliments guys

-Matt

Edited by FatherSonSS (see edit history)

Looks good. I would have love to tackle mine but no time. Wondering why you went so big on the exhaust? No need to go over 2.5 unless your making a ton of power and driving it at WOT.

Looks good. I would have love to tackle mine but no time. Wondering why you went so big on the exhaust? No need to go over 2.5 unless your making a ton of power and driving it at WOT.

Because thats exactly what I plan on doing !! A whole new motor with a blower is going in there soon just have to finish getting her ready first, she can't take all that power yet but will soon

-Matt