Might possibly be moving this summer...

MID12sSSS

Florida would be a major shock for an Alaska boy. The weather would be hard to get use to, and the fact that it is so flat is also hard to get use to.

No offense Jason, but personally I could not live in Florida. I would hate the Humidity, and the fact that there are now mountains anywhere. But thats just me.

Anyway Brandon,

So I see you work for Ford, well pretty much anywhere you will go there will be a Ford Dealership nearby so thats pretty good. But if you move to a larger city, there is always more of a chance of moving up in the world.

I see your worried about CARB compliance, are you also worried about passing a smog test? Do you have cats? Just remember that many metro areas do smog testing, and have just a stringent of rules as California. I know thats the case in several places i mentioned in my last post (Phoenix, Vegas, Reno). I would not be surprised if they do testing in most places in Florida as well. Just something to think about.

Its too bad that the only places you have been are Portland, Wisconsin and Chicago. Its super hard to find a place to move to if you have never been to the area. I moved from Oregon to Tucson, AZ with out every visiting Tucson so that was a major shock.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Yeah Dan I guess your right would be a huge climate swing. It is humid here half of the year like now not so bad. It's def not gonna snow here where I am lol. If you like to wear shorts and don't mind some rain it's not to bad. Eventually I wanna move towards the Carolina's.

I live in Northern California and love it! We have to smog our cars only when we sell them and cops dont mess with them as long as you not blowing black smoke everywhere. We have 4 seasons with no humidity. Our temps go from 30 deg in the winter to 100 in the summer. It only snows every few years but never sticks. We have great fishing and hunting in the area also. I live 2 hours north of SanFran. 1 hour from the ocean and 30 minutes from the great redwoods. Housing is costly but I am a FIRM believer in "you get what you pay for"! Also, we dont have an issue with SSS getting stolen around here... Just something to think about. Im a Toyota, Chevy tech that has been in the field for 15 years and make 90K.

If your a tradesman...I would say gulf Coast region anywhere from Lake Charles to Houston. We have a tremendous amount of work right now.. now that the plants are paying less than 50 bucks a barrell of crude shits about to get even better. I have personally been in the trades since 94 and have worked steady all my life... plus the weather is great... my idea of cold is 33 in the morning and 70 by lunch lol...If your trades I can put you in touch with some people.. if your a welder I can get you a job! Most crafts pay in the 29-32 range.. welders close to 38 depending on what you can do.

I live in Northern California and love it! We have to smog our cars only when we sell them and cops dont mess with them as long as you not blowing black smoke everywhere. We have 4 seasons with no humidity. Our temps go from 30 deg in the winter to 100 in the summer. It only snows every few years but never sticks. We have great fishing and hunting in the area also. I live 2 hours north of SanFran. 1 hour from the ocean and 30 minutes from the great redwoods. Housing is costly but I am a FIRM believer in "you get what you pay for"! Also, we dont have an issue with SSS getting stolen around here... Just something to think about. Im a Toyota, Chevy tech that has been in the field for 15 years and make 90K.Damn double posts!!!! LMAO

Goddamn. Haha. Get me a job and I'll leave now. :lol:

I bust my ass up here and make 60k. My shop can't keep me busy enough. I'd love to work for Chevy, but figured a ford job would be easier to get as I have 5yrs dealership experience, training, certs, special tools, etc. I'm already familiar with all the service info and warranty process.

Anybody here from Colorado? Was considering there as well.

Its too bad that the only places you have been are Portland, Wisconsin and Chicago. Its super hard to find a place to move to if you have never been to the area. I moved from Oregon to Tucson, AZ with out every visiting Tucson so that was a major shock.

I was born in Georgia, but only lived there until 5th grade. So I don't remember a whole lot. We lived on Ft. Benning. Lots of good memories playing as a kid. The Georgia clay, the fire ants! Hahaha. Had bad experiences with those. :lol:

If your a tradesman...I would say gulf Coast region anywhere from Lake Charles to Houston. We have a tremendous amount of work right now.. now that the plants are paying less than 50 bucks a barrell of crude shits about to get even better. I have personally been in the trades since 94 and have worked steady all my life... plus the weather is great... my idea of cold is 33 in the morning and 70 by lunch lol...If your trades I can put you in touch with some people.. if your a welder can get you a job! Most crafts pay in the 29-32 range.. welders close to 38 depending on what you can do.

Yeah. I've considered welding and becoming an electrician. I had a feeling we'd be moving sometime soon so I never got hired on with any unions here. But I know that is awesome work to get into. Maybe I'll pursue some more certs while working for a dealership and eventually get hired on in that field...

Thanks for all the good recommendations so far guys. I'm glad you took the time to type it out. It's nice to hear it from the people that actually live there.

I'll be updating my build thread here real soon. Gotta get the ol SS road worthy pretty quick if I wanna get outta here before next snow fall. I'm excited to join a truck scene and get a fresh start with a little change in scenery. Should be a fun experience. :thumbs:

Goddamn. Haha. Get me a job and I'll leave now. :lol:

I bust my ass up here and make 60k. My shop can't keep me busy enough. I'd love to work for Chevy, but figured a ford job would be easier to get as I have 5yrs dealership experience, training, certs, special tools, etc. I'm already familiar with all the service info and warranty process.

Anybody here from Colorado? Was considering there as well. I was born in Georgia, but only lived there until 5th grade. So I don't remember a whole lot. We lived on Ft. Benning. Lots of good memories playing as a kid. The Georgia clay, the fire ants! Hahaha. Had bad experiences with those. :lol:

So you are from the south so Florida might not be that crazy of a movie for you.

I'm living in north alabama, and to me it's cold as sh*t here. But I've also lived here all of my life and I swear it's the coldest winter we've ever had. Hence the reason I plan to move to Florida after medical school

Edited by Denaliguy (see edit history)

I'm living in north alabama, and to me it's cold as sh*t here. But I've also lived here all of my life and I swear it's the coldest winter we've ever had. Hence the reason I plan to move to Florida after medical school

Haha yeah. Ive always been a fan of the cold actually.... Just because you can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off... But, im tired of the -50* and all the darkness.. Im ready for some sun! Lol.