Anyone here have the Volant with Powercore filter?

EXGM

I keep going back n forth do I switch out the K&N system my truck came with for a non oiled filter or go with the Volant. I like the OE look of the Volant and like the idea of a high flow paper filter. I am not real excited about the idea of cleaning any kind of filter period. I know Volant is made by the same company that makes Corsa which is the best exhaust IMHO (although pricey). The only thing (well not only) is I worry about is water intrusion with a K&N. Not sure if it even is an issue? But back to my question I am thinking of the Volant... just curious if anyone has one.

I had k&n air filters for years. I just switched to the volant in my truck( I know it's not a chevy) but the look and fitment is awesome. Plus you can change out the top cover for a nice piece of plexiglass glass. Do something custom. Good luck on search!!

Go with the Volant power core, I had the regular filter that comes with the kit and can't say anything bad about it but knowing I have a filter I don't have to maintenance hardly at all is comforting. Plus it's the same brand filters we use in all the military trucks and if it can last a dust storm in Afghanistan and keep on keepin on I'm sold.

Thanks all... I now work in Heavy Duty Trucks and they are big in the industry....yeah Donaldson is a good filter. On my '02 SS Camaro it came with a Donaldson Blackwing filter and there was a lot of testing done back then the paper Donaldson flows better than a K&N. Plus I wonder about how good the K&N's filter out dust. My truck came with it but as soon as I get some extra $$ I am going to pull it and replace. Thanks.

I have that exact one only without the plexi cover I need make a plexi cover cause the one that comes with the power core system and it is flaking I've had it for about 2.5 years and no problems at all!!!!