What to expect- exhaust

2003blackSSS

I know this is probably beat to death. What I have-

03- CAI, corsa sport cat back- and I am looking at putting on dynatech long tubes w/ catted mid pipes. I am concerned with the loudness with headers, and sounding like a drag truck. My wife will finally ride in it again without being mad its too loud, and I want to retain the quiet ride under normal driving.

I know others have run this setup, so I was wondering what to expect? Does the corsa keep it tamed with headers? Or should I forget about it?

BTW

It is going to be tuned soon as I am doing a E-fan swap

It'll be quite a bit louder with longtubes. I've got a similar exhaust set up. American Racing longtubes, and corsa sport. Mine was obnoxiously loud with gutted cats so I put in 2 bullet resonators (one on each midpipe). It's pretty tame now while cruising. No drone whatsoever. Idle sounds great too. It's still extremely loud at wide open, but in a good way. :lol:

I say go for it, and if it's too loud, swap your corsa sport with a corsa touring, and sell the sport to me. ;)

Mines getting old.

You will probably be ok with catted midpipes. They'll help a lot.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

It'll be quite a bit louder with longtubes. I've got a similar exhaust set up. American Racing longtubes, and corsa sport. Mine was obnoxiously loud with gutted cats so I put in 2 bullet resonators (one on each midpipe). It's pretty tame now while cruising. No drone whatsoever. Idle sounds great too. It's still extremely loud at wide open, but in a good way. :lol:

I say go for it, and if it's too loud, swap your corsa sport with a corsa touring, and sell the sport to me. ;)

Mines getting old.

You will probably be ok with catted midpipes. They'll help a lot.

I figured the cats will tame it a bit- I heard some sound clips on youtube but they all put the camera too close to the tail and it blows out the speaker. I heard an 09 with the 6.2 on youtube, and I thought it sounded pretty good with LT's and corsa.

Before I had a Flo-Pro 2505 muffler with the stock tail. @70 my wife hated it, @ 65 it was tolerable, but still annoying. Once I put the corsa on there, we could talk inside once again and it sounds awesome, and I hate to screw that up by trying to get a lil more HP. Thanks for the input, it really helps!

Edited by 2003blackSSS (see edit history)

Yep this is a popular combo on this forum. Myself, I will never run anything but Corsa, I love the tone, it's pretty unique IMO. I was also worried about just how loud my truck would be with long tubes and the Corsa Sport, but I bit the bullet and put on a set of ARH long tubes with catted midpipes last year. The truck has no drone at all, is pretty quiet at idle, but is just vicious at WOT.

I say go for it! Under normal driving, the quiet ride is still there even with catted long tubes.

Yep this is a popular combo on this forum. Myself, I will never run anything but Corsa, I love the tone, it's pretty unique IMO. I was also worried about just how loud my truck would be with long tubes and the Corsa Sport, but I bit the bullet and put on a set of ARH long tubes with catted midpipes last year. The truck has no drone at all, is pretty quiet at idle, but is just vicious at WOT.

I say go for it! Under normal driving, the quiet ride is still there even with catted long tubes.

Mine has same arh catted idle and normal driving almost too quiet wot sounds like a raped ape lol

Well thats encouraging- I will probably do it. The dynatech's estimate about 25 Hp,15 ft-lbs with headers. That sounds like a pretty good bump from stock. These trucks should have had a little more power from factory considering their weight and size. Thanks for the input guys!

Well thats encouraging- I will probably do it. The dynatech's estimate about 25 Hp,15 ft-lbs with headers. That sounds like a pretty good bump from stock. These trucks should have had a little more power from factory considering their weight and size. Thanks for the input guys!

Cut that at least in half headers won't give that. It will def help.

My truck stock ran 15.2 I put arh catted long tubes and the Corsa sport and cai truck ran a 14.6 spend the extra money on quality parts from the get go !!! Then I put a stall and tune and 17 inch tires truck ran 13.7 in 92 degree weather now Im getting ready to put a mp112 can't wait

Long story short every lil bit helps think of your long term goals and pick out your parts for the long haul and buy QUALITY parts

Any of you guys have a good place to buy the American racing headers? On their website they are $1600, if I can save some money I don't mind. Ha. I'm set on these arh. Might be an off question but if I put just the arh do I need to put a aftermarket cat? Or the stock is fine?

• 1 month later...