Bad Ticking noise??

hey guys,my 06 ss has 90k miles now and last night i pulled into a drive thru and as i was waiting in line i had my window down and radio off and i could hear what sounded like a rocker or lifter ticking, i have good oil pressure and just changed the oil not long ago(amsoil), ive had long tubes on the truck for a couple years now and ive always noticed slight valvetrain noise thru the headers.. but it seems like its getting louder especially when next to a wall or in the garge,anybody else have this issue? and maybe how to fix it??

thanks guys

One relatively easy way to check for an exhaust leak is to have one person stuff a rag or towel over the tailpipe end and another person check under the open hood and crawl along the vehicle to note the location of the leak.

The rag will quiet the exhaust and pressurize the system. The air blowing out of any leak will be obvious. (Easy to hear).

How about the obvious? Look for soot!

ok havnt got around to checking for the leak yet , been workin 7-12's, but just for some knowledge, do these motors have a bad rap for lifters or rockers failing? i know the rocker bearings on ls1's can fail, but i dont know about the lq9's??

ever since i installed the headers on my truck 5 years ago i noticed some slight ticks/valve noise. its common and normal. you probably have an exhaust leak. its not going to be visibile you will have to do some of what was said above to find it

They're notorious for lifters and some have had rocker arms fail. But you will know when a lifter is collapsed as it will be much more noticeable. It's easy to see a rocker arm, just pull a cover off and look for needle bearings

Turned out to be the driver side header flange leaking...got new gaskets from gm and they work good with the headers surprisingly?, little soapy water pointed it out ,new gaskets and boom! no more leak! Thanks alot for the help guys!!!!!