Has this ever happened to anyone...

A few times now since I have owned my 03 SS(about a month now),I turn the truck off, go into the store(for 2 minutes or so) and when I come back the truck is locked(I don't lock it if I am running in to get milk or a drink) and the radio settings have changed. For example: If there is a CD playing, when I come back out it's on a totally different track not even close to what was on when I got out. Sometimes i'll have the radio playing and when I start it back up the CD or cassette will be on...or vise versa. I never loose the presets on the FM or anything that would indicate a power lose. Just really weird the doors would lock themselves and the radio does it's own thing. I guess it possible to hit the lock button in my pocket, but usually just goes in the loose pocket of my hoodie if I'm just going in real quick. Any insight on this?

Never heard of that one before. First thing I would do is shut the truck off and open the door then shut it without getting out of the truck, and see what happens.

Could be you've got a gremlen living in the truck and it is just messing with you. :jester:

Second thing I would try is disconnecting the battery for a minute, then reconnect it and see if maybe the "brain" will reset itself.

It could just be the memory settings. Like if you select driver 1 but start the truck with the driver 2 key it goes to driver 2 settings.

Mine has switched from driver 1 and 2 a couple times at start up, but not after shut down and it hasn't ever locked itself up after shut down.

I think I am just going to chalk it up to "one of those things". It's only done it 3 times, and hasn't for about a week. I do use 2 different key fobs. One stays in the truck and has just the key and fob, the other stays in my pocket and has house and work keys on it it ( I can't stand hearing the keys jingling and bouncing around hitting off stuff, so I use the one that stays in the truck to start it lol). Makes sense about the memory settings, so I played around with all 3 sets it have, didn't make a lick of difference which one I used, I could not replicate the issue. the seat hasn't moved position when the issue arose, but I did fail to mention the heat setting also changed during those times. Again, guess it's just one of those things, hopefully this is not my Christine....had an F-150 that sent me through hell....never again lol.

Early on in my history with my truck it would shift between driver 1 and 2 from time to time when I would start it up and the CD would shift tracks or even CD that was playing.

The seat position would shift with driver switch also. As I mentioned before, it never locked me out.

What I wound up doing, since I'm the only driver, was to program both driver preferences the same. (Seat position and radio / CD, mirror position, and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting about, are are set the same for both drivers).