Could be a dumbass question on headers

zpierce

Ok I have an 03 Silverado, looking into getting some long tube headers. I found some dynatech supermaxx 1 3/4 In stainless steel with cats for a good price used. Only thing is it is technically for the "2007-2013" trucks. I have been looking online and can't find any legit reason why they wouldn't work on mine? Anyone have any idea if there is an actual reason they will not work on our trucks? Only thing I can possibly think is the Y pipes are different :huh:. Or am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's been my experience when it comes to stuff like this, there is usually a big enough difference or the manufacturer wouldn't state those specific years. 2007 is the start of a new body style, from what I read it's taller and wider than the previous body.Overall body-to-wheel proportions have been improved as well; combined with the wider, lower stance. That alone means you can really run into fitment problems. Stick to what is specific to your year(s)