Special bed?

kirks1stss

Yeah post some up! Take some looking down the bedsides too.

i have a black 03 with the pro-tec bed & embossed chevrolet tail gate. when i first bought it i didn't know about the composite beds, when i was looking the truck over i noticed different shapes/curves on the bed side panel, at first to me it looked like it may have been damaged before but then leaned it had a pro tec bed. it does seem to have different shaped bedsides but does not look wavy to me in black, almost a custom look compared reg. steel beds. the one thing that worries me is that the bed is so rare and not replaceable. i'll try to post some pics if interested

i have a black 03 with the pro-tec bed & embossed chevrolet tail gate. when i first bought it i didn't know about the composite beds, when i was looking the truck over i noticed different shapes/curves on the bed side panel, at first to me it looked like it may have been damaged before but then leaned it had a pro tec bed. it does seem to have different shaped bedsides but does not look wavy to me in black, almost a custom look compared reg. steel beds. the one thing that worries me is that the bed is so rare and not replaceable. i'll try to post some pics if interested

• 2 weeks later...

When I wash my truck I always do the inside of the wheel wells, front & rear and hose down as much of the underside of the bed as possible!

Good idea to hose out the debris from the lower dog leg of the fenders behind the flap in the door jamb. You wouldn't believe the dirt that gets trapped in there.

Always driven in winter except for this year & still looks new under there!

When I wash my truck I always do the inside of the wheel wells, front & rear and hose down as much of the underside of the bed as possible!

Good idea to hose out the debris from the lower dog leg of the fenders behind the flap in the door jamb. You wouldn't believe the dirt that gets trapped in there.

Always driven in winter except for this year & still looks new under there!

It is kind of shocking how much stuff gets caught in those pockets in the jambs.