DJM A Arm Installation HELP!

kaze_v8

I need some help, as I recently picked up some DJM A arms from Tony.

My issue is I cant get the old arms off, where the ball joint is connected to the spindle.

Maybe im doing something wrong or missing a step, but I spent all day hammering it and neither side came off.

I initially took the axles off and nut from the ball joint and tried hammering it out from the bottom, it didn't work.

Tried the fork in between the spindle and arm, no good either.

Took the torsion bar off, still no success, tried beating the spindle on the side, where is has two nipples, and no success.

I need some direction at this point, and Im not sure what to do anymore, I tore up the ball joints and they don't budge.

I thought about sawing the ball joint off, but im a little scared of all that.

Hit the spindle on the side with a big hammer. Can add a little heat too. Or try the pickle fork in an air hammer

Had the same problem with mine we beat on drivers sides for 1.5 hours with a heavy hammer and pickle fork before the first one came off. Passanger side we beat on it for 1/2 hour then we purchased a smaller not as beat to death pickle fork and it came off in 15 minutes. Almost as much fun as getting the factory hangers off. I guess the answer is to use the right tools for job. I guess that we did it cave man style.