Plasti Dip Front Mesh Grille, Bowtie ,Bottom Scoops with Mesh & SS

Afun

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plasti Dip is not very well thought of on this site.

If you want to paint the gray part of the Grill, just use regular paint. It is a super easy process. You are not going to pay much more than you would for Plasti Crap, but it will look more professional, and a million times better. Leave the Plasti Crap for the ricers

where is Brian!! hey man if done correctly plastidip looks great i had every piece of chrome done on my G8 and it looked great. it also works great to just see if you liked the color.

i had mine on for 2 years before i traded the car for Hottlesss truck.

Just paint the gray grille flat black. thats what I did and it looks great. All you need is a can of flat black trim paint, and a can of adhesion promoter, and some painters tape and boom you have a good looking flat black grille, that wont ever peel.

Here is the flat black grille on my HD

5174656E-0277-49EB-80A2-17D855C6F3D2_zps

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Do not use it on the grille. It is so hard to remove. I did my emblems,ducts and emblems a long time ago and everything but the grille came off fine. I spent a few hours removing it from the grille. I now have it painted gloss black. I would only use it on the ducts and emblems

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

2013-10-20%2011.25.45.png

2012-03-30_09-50-58_304__edit_1427144889
Just take your time to tape everything off. The grille was plasti dipped in both pics. I will have to take some pics, but like i said they are now painted gloss black which in my opinon looks better and i have changed the bowtie to a shopman1 bowtie. Air Ducts stayed silver. i will never paint those.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

2013-10-20%2011.25.45.png

2012-03-30_09-50-58_304__edit_1427144889

Just take your time to tape everything off. The grille was plasti dipped in both pics. I will have to take some pics, but like i said they are now painted gloss black which in my opinon looks better and i have changed the bowtie to a shopman1 bowtie. Air Ducts stayed silver. i will never paint those.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The second pic has the air duct painted? I wanted to leave those silver and just do the grille and bowtie.

Do you have black wheels? Now I'm thinking doing a semi-gloss to the grill. Still matte black with the wheels.