05 silverado ss

homerruiz

Hey guys so I'm new to this site and I got me and 05 Silverado and I just love every bit of her. I don't really know what to do on this site but there is a whole lot of useful information and I just want to thank you on that :) and also i wanted to start moding it out little by little and i was wondering what would be the best mods for right now. Thanks.

Edited by homerruiz (see edit history)

Welcome to the site!

We need a little more information. How much money do you want to spend? Do you wantperformance mods? Apperance mods? Stereo? Also how many miles does your SS have? If you have lots of miles you may want to think about simple maintenance items over mods.

If you want to add a little more perfomance to your truck, your best bet is to get a new exhaust, new intake, and get yourself a custom tune. It will really wake up your truck.

Cold Air Intake - a must

Tune - a must, more power an can save your transmission by changing shift points

Exhaust - Cat back is easiest, but headers back, is badass, im about to do a short muffler dumped.

Rear Roll Pan - Bser is best but Even A Regular roll pan doesnt look to bad.

2/2 Drop - Fixes oversized wheel wells, If done right, no change in ride quality.

Thanks alot! :)what would you recomend or the CAI?

Cold Air Intake - a must

Tune - a must, more power an can save your transmission by changing shift points

Exhaust - Cat back is easiest, but headers back, is badass, im about to do a short muffler dumped.

Rear Roll Pan - Bser is best but Even A Regular roll pan doesnt look to bad.

2/2 Drop - Fixes oversized wheel wells, If done right, no change in ride quality.

Edited by homerruiz (see edit history)

Well when I got my truck it already had a K&N but I'm not sure what model

57 series has the thicker black plastic tube. 77 series has the polished tube. Both use the same filter element.

57 series has the thicker black plastic tube. 77 series has the polished tube. Both use the same filter element.

Ohhh okay thanks also I wanted to buy a replacement filter to clean the one it has now, I wasn't sure what part number to get and mine is the 57 serious Edited by homerruiz (see edit history)