New to the site just bought a 04 victory red SS

04VRsilveradoSS

Just got an 04 silverado ss victory red with 102k miles. Already had some mods done to it. Its got obx racing 1 7/8in longtubes, corsa sport exhaust, aem brute force intake, 8.1L fuel injectors, ls7 lifters, 7.4500 hardened chromoly pushrods, .600 lift valve springs, comp cams xr275hr cam, and a charlie wheatley tune assuming its just a base map. Never been dynoed or track tested yet. Unfortunately i lost 3rd gear this past saturday. Im taking it to CPT(cahall performance transmissions) in delaware this saturday to get their ultra pro race trans along with a protorque 10.5 billet single disc 3000 stall converter. Ive heard the front diffs are the next weakest link. What upgrades has anyone done to the front differentials? Or other upgrades at all that they recommend i do next?

Welcome to the site. :cheers: Congratulations on getting your truck. She;s got some nice mods already.

Sorry to hear about your trans. It's a common problem. I assume that you are going with some upgrades with the rebuild? You should consider adding a good trans cooler as well.

I don't know of any upgrade parts for the front diff. I have read, and believe that, one of the best things you can do for the front diff is to change the fluid at around 500 miles into a rebuild. I did and went with Mobil 1 full synthetic.

Ooo yea lots of billet parts and upgrades throughout the trans. Only thing that will be factory are the planetary gears. Im thinking about going with a derale 15865 10"x13"x5.625". Its a cooler with a electric attached to it. Definitely should help keeping the temps down. Hopefully i have everything installed in the truck before cruise week in OC. Also hopeing i can get a real street/dyno tune on it by cruise week as well but funds might be a little low.