22" TBSS Tire Size

Hambone7o7

first off trust me when I say I have been reading through these forums for a ridiculous amount of time. Just want straight up answers and some pics.

I finally decided to hit up SSNORCAL and picked up some TBSS 22". Now just need to decide what tire size to go with on a 3/4 drop. there is a lot of conflicting information on here. so lets see some pics of TBSS with 285/40 vs 305/40. does it even make a difference driving wise? what rubs? am I overthinking this?

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-height-calculator/

Stock wheel and tire 275-55/20. Anything outside total wheel diameter will rub at full crank. More tire surface area gives better traction but less MPG since more surface also equals resistance.

Sounds like 285-40's are a good size and if Butch is happy with it, I'd go with it.

I run a 285 on mine and it slightly rubs on full lock turns but i really never do that. Mine is a 3/4 drop as well

What wall size did you go with Butch?

A 285/45/22 looks great and won't rub. It's gonna be up to you how fat of a tire you want. Like stated above Butch's looks great with his combo.

Im running 285/45/22 tires on tbss 22"s with a 3/4 drop and it rubs

how much are you rubbing? just on full lock?

just full lock to the right on flat pavement, rubs in other places if the trucks on uneven ground but nothing to major

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-height-calculator/

Stock wheel and tire 275-55/20. Anything outside total wheel diameter will rub at full crank. More tire surface area gives better traction but less MPG since more surface also equals resistance.

Sounds like 285-40's are a good size and if Butch is happy with it, I'd go with it.

What wall size did you go with Butch?

285/45/22 like jroc said only on lock does it rub