Took the New Denali to the Track

JC03SS

Well at a heaping 980 miles I took the New 2015 Denali to the track. Needless to say Guys this truck is Fast for as big as it is and the 8 Speed is Killer. Made 4 Passed against a Fellow SS Member here. His truck was Stock. Mine has just a Volant and replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow. It was mid 80's and about 75% humidity but at Sea Level so conditions weren't horrible.

Best 2 passes were a 9.2 and a 9.4 off idle traction control on. 2 other pases both 10 flat left with tow haul on traction control off, flat roasted the tires bad lol. Very happy with the way it ran. I can tell you one thing these new 6.2 n 8 speed will beat the SS even if it has some minor bolt ons. This thing trapped at 78 and 79 mph. Fastest passes my SS has done was 80 with cam n stall. The mid range to top end it pulls really hard. Just thought I'd share :)post-21185-0-37144200-1428159004_thumb.jpg

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

Makes sense, there has been A LOT of new tech in the last decade. I still smile anytime someone compares their new truck to the SS seeing as how it has literally been over a decade (and a 1/2 maybe?) since these SS's were designed. Love the new Denali, glad to see the GM trucks are still advancing and kicking butt. I love my 2014 GMC and love even more that it shares the garage with my SS.

Makes sense, there has been A LOT of new tech in the last decade. I still smile anytime someone compares their new truck to the SS seeing as how it has literally been over a decade (and a 1/2 maybe?) since these SS's were designed. Love the new Denali, glad to see the GM trucks are still advancing and kicking butt. I love my 2014 GMC and love even more that it shares the garage with my SS.

So Glad I kept the SS, I love both these trucks like kids lol. The SS is a plain Badass that's why we all love them so much. The New Trucks are Updated and are Badass trucks as well. And like you said they look great sitting side by side.

So Glad I kept the SS, I love both these trucks like kids lol. The SS is a plain Badass that's why we all love them so much. The New Trucks are Updated and are Badass trucks as well. And like you said they look great sitting side by side.

I'm glad you kept her too Jason! I remember when you were talking about selling her too :nono: Our trucks are already starting to become popular collectors and the longer we hold onto them, the greater the demand, the more cha ching they're worth! ...and yes, they are awesome side by side!

Thanks Randy. I've workrd my ass off to be able to have them both. Now all I need is to find some more go for the SS whether it's a Snail or a Bottle :)