First post

lucky03

I picked up a 03 ss she's all stock. But i'm looking to start put on some mods. What are some heads with the best fitment and best bang for the buck? Any help would be most appreciated .

243s in my opinion

Hell yea, LS6 243's FTW!

You will love the Corsa!! It's an awesome CAT back system.. Kooks, the LT's are gorgeous! I must say, I hope you have better luck with your MIDs, cause I hadt cut the welds to get mine to fit.. I was kinda pissed.. I was on the phone and emailed kooks about it. They said sorry and offered me a tee shirt... Hopefully you don't have the same issue. Grats tho, you'll love that sound when it's all said n done

I hope its a straight forward install. The guy at maryland speed said they had a new part number for the mid pipes. For the money you should get a free t shirt anyway.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my exhaust on today. The Kooks headers are great. However i did have issues with the mid pipes. Kooks made it rite and paid a fabricator to cut and reweld what was needed. Overall not a bad install. Just glad Kooks stepped up and made it rite. Now I'm just waiting on my tune from Zippy. Can't wait to see how his tune wakes up the truck.

I finally got my exhaust on today. The Kooks headers are great. However i did have issues with the mid pipes. Kooks made it rite and paid a fabricator to cut and reweld what was needed. Overall not a bad install. Just glad Kooks stepped up and made it rite. Now I'm just waiting on my tune from Zippy. Can't wait to see how his tune wakes up the truck.

Good to hear that Kooks ponied up for more than a T-shirt for you. This isn't the first complaint I've heard on Kooks fitment problems. (They do make a very fine looking header).

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my tune from Zippy! His tune really woke the truck up. Installed my 160 t-stat. Next weekend going to install my shift kit and order my electric engine fans. Any suggestion on where to get these? Later down the road i will be installing heads, cam, and stall converter.

Zippy is a great tuner. I got Depo fans off Amazon for a good price a few years ago. As far as heads I'd go with some trick flows if you got the money if not ported and polished 317's would be great. I wouldn't waste my time with 243's they don't make enough power to waste the money on in my OP. GL

I just got my tune from Zippy! His tune really woke the truck up. Installed my 160 t-stat. Next weekend going to install my shift kit and order my electric engine fans. Any suggestion on where to get these? Later down the road i will be installing heads, cam, and stall converter.

Start saving for when you blow your trans or diff.... If you have any kind of miles I would be careful adding power. Next weakest link will break..... Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

I will try the depo fans. I hope i can get them for the weekend so i can do the shift kit and the fan swap at the same time. I'm starting to put money aside for mods later down the road. Zippy has been helping me on the lay out of mods later down the road. Thanks for your advise on the fans. Looking forward to spending a lot of time and money on this truck.

I did have have him tune for the fans. I also got the fan harness from him as well. Zippy does a whole lot more than just tunes I hope people on here know that. He is a super nice guy he was easy for me to get in contact with as well.