Bad Passenger Rear Brake Light, having trouble finding part

Afun

They dealer is making me buy the entire harness....Autozone had one, it was just the socket where the bulb goes into, but did not screw into the light housing. I know I could Dremel an extra little notch off and make it fit. The actual computer calls for that part.

Anyone else have this problem. The actual socket doesn't make good contact with the bulb.

Sounds like the prong in the socket is not contacting fully with the bulb. Try to use a flat blade screw driver and push the prong towards the middle of the socket. Unless the prong is broken then yes you will need a new socket in which napa does sell but youwill have to splice it in or just buy the whole harness.

Stupid dealership, trying to overblow a problem. I went in one time to have my heat seats looked at because they stopped working. Was told I needed all new units that would cost $400 to fix. When I went in and looked, all it was a couple of broken wires. A few butt connectors later, problem solved...

Edited by jasonhensley35 (see edit history)

Stupid dealership, trying to overblow a problem. I went in one time to have my heat seats looked at because they stopped working. Was told I needed all new units that would cost $400 to fix. When I went in and looked, all it was a couple of broken wires. A few butt connectors later, problem solved...

GM doesn't service the socket just the harness.... how is that the dealers fault?

GM doesn't service the socket just the harness.... how is that the dealers fault?

You don't think the dealer is capable of better, smarter, less expensive service?