Murray TSTAT 160 degrees?

Afun

I think that I paid around $45.00 for mine from Summit about three years ago. I personally would trust one for $20.00 when most listings I am finding are in the neighborhood of $50.

My worry is that the cheap one will fail 6 months down the road. The thermostat is not difficult to replace but I changed the coolant as well and you want to take a good look at hoses and clamps since your going to this much trouble. It would tick me off for the cheap one to fail and cause coolant loss in having to change it out again, (This time buying the higher priced one I should have bought the first time around.

It is manufactured by the same company who makes the one slp repackaged and sells. Got mine from oreilley's for something like $15 iirc. I don't have experience, so comment on any other brand though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope it holds up for you. Did you get tuned for it?

I'm glad to say got in touch with Wheatley via text. Provided all the information I needed. I will be very happy to get my tune from him.

Decided to go with a Hypertech 160 TSAT...Comes in this week from Summit. PCM goes out tomorrow to Charlie Wheatley....I'm Excited for a little bit more power

GL I know guys who can't get in touch with Wheatley they have tried repeatedly. I'd use Zippy or Kellyperformance.

None of your posts have been helpful. You corrected me in my hood decal thread and that was it.....thanks for your contribution!

Not attacking just letting you know. I've been around for awhile. But if it offends you I won't say nothing to you anymore that's fine with me.