Projector Lights

jenkins

Looking into installing some projector lights on my truck. Have any of you used these before? Share some pics if you got them. Just want to see what they look like installed.. Take a look at the ones I'm checking out...

http://www.carid.com/2003-chevy-silverado-headlights/ipcw-halo-projector-headlights-262246.html

Go to retrofit.com and look at there options!

This

The crappy projectors do not project any light and will make driving dangerous. Everyone I know who has installed those ones from carid and flebay have thrown them away.

I would recomend buyuing projectors from retrofit source and making your own. If you do a search on google you will find a few nice walkthroughs on how to do it yourself.

I had projectors for awhile. They look ok, but that big bubble is what kills it for me. I am currently back to stock with painted corners, and headlight covers. Looking good day light or dark. But I will soon be picking up some headlights as well, but not projectors.

My buddy just put Spyder projectors in his truck an even with morimoto hids the cutoff line is still terrible.

The reason for that is because they are not HID projectors. I have yet to find an aftermarket projector housing for our trucks that is designed for HID bulbs. They are designed for standard halogen bulbs. Its also the reason why every person that puts a HID bulb into a housing that is designed for a halogen bulb blinds oncoming drivers. When a reflector, wether for a standard housing or projector housing, is designed, it is design for a specific type of bulb. The filament/arc of every bulb is very specific in location and orientation. A halogen bulb filament goes left to right and has a very precise location in relation to the socket. A HID bulbs arc is front to rear and as well has a very specific location in relation to the socket. When you take a HID bulb and retrofit it into a halogen housing, not only is the filment/arch in the wrong orientation, but it is in the wrong location as well. That is why there is no way to properly aim a set of headlights that have a HID bulb retrofit. It is also the reason why people that do the HID bulb retrofit think the upgrade is so amazing. It throws light all over the place and that driver can see great. Meanwhile every oncoming driver is blinded by the unfocused light that gets scattered form using a bulb in a housing it was not designed for.

I have yet to see a projector light that I would put on my truck. Just haven't found one that I think is an improvement.

Don't mean to be harsh. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and your the one that has to be happy with them.

I'm with john on this. I haven't seen any that look good on our SS's.

I ordered retrofitted ones with morimoto H1 (i believe) projectors in it, plus other custom goodies. This is the only proper way to get projectors in your truck and have actual good light output.

ordered from http://shop.retroshop.us/11174730_10155476430145357_1331718138926

9ujjluE.jpg

VwSdvls.jpg

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

I ordered retrofitted ones with morimoto H1 (i believe) projectors in it, plus other custom goodies. This is the only proper way to get projectors in your truck and have actual good light output.

9ujjluE.jpg

VwSdvls.jpg

Sweeeeet. I didn't know they were offering fully done headlights. They look great. Any chance you could take a pic of two of the cut offs on a flat,blank wall? Also, how do you adjust/aim them?

Sweeeeet. I didn't know they were offering fully done headlights. They look great. Any chance you could take a pic of two of the cut offs on a flat,blank wall? Also, how do you adjust/aim them?

Maybe later if I remember, it's a proper cut off line with the prism effect and everything you would expect from a retrofit. They are adjusted just like stock except it only moves the actual projector up and down. Kind of neat.

9ujjluE.jpg

VwSdvls.jpg

Are those with Paint at all? on the order on the site it asks if you want paint... oh and what lenses did you use on the lowers? love the look of them

Edited by wantaSSS (see edit history)

The reason for that is because they are not HID projectors. I have yet to find an aftermarket projector housing for our trucks that is designed for HID bulbs. They are designed for standard halogen bulbs. Its also the reason why every person that puts a HID bulb into a housing that is designed for a halogen bulb blinds oncoming drivers. When a reflector, wether for a standard housing or projector housing, is designed, it is design for a specific type of bulb. The filament/arc of every bulb is very specific in location and orientation. A halogen bulb filament goes left to right and has a very precise location in relation to the socket. A HID bulbs arc is front to rear and as well has a very specific location in relation to the socket. When you take a HID bulb and retrofit it into a halogen housing, not only is the filment/arch in the wrong orientation, but it is in the wrong location as well. That is why there is no way to properly aim a set of headlights that have a HID bulb retrofit. It is also the reason why people that do the HID bulb retrofit think the upgrade is so amazing. It throws light all over the place and that driver can see great. Meanwhile every oncoming driver is blinded by the unfocused light that gets scattered form using a bulb in a housing it was not designed for.

Thanks for the explanation, DK. :thumbsup:

Are those with Paint at all? on the order on the site it asks if you want paint... oh and what lenses did you use on the lowers? love the look of them

What lense are you talking about? both the parklights and headlights are fully painted black reflectors included (projector is bixenon so it functions as the low and high so I disconnected my high beam bulb. Amber reflectors tinted. Clear lense.

it's easier to email jeremey rather than order thru his site