Sent In PCM to Wheatley...what should I expect?

Afun

I had a Wheatley tune when I first bought my truck - headers, built 60, CAI, plugs, Corsa Sport and it ran really good. The things I didn't like were: he locks the PCM, won't give out his phone number or answer calls and long waiting time, but that's to be expected with any good tuner.

The biggest thing Ive noticed going back and forth from stock to tuned Wheatley PCM

Wheatley Tuned PCM-

-Firmer shifts

-Holds Gears longer Instead of wanting to upshift quickly.

-Idles 10x better than stock

-2nd gear Holds till 80 MPH at WOT ( shifts at 70 stock )

- 1-2 shift alone prolly cuts 2 tenths off the quarter mile from stock.

Those are the biggest things ive noticed from mine. Ive been wheatley tuned for almost 4 years Now.

For reference im just running Volant CAI, Magnaflow exhaust and Wheatley tune, so we are very close.

I think you will be happy. Some people expect too much thinking a tune alone will give you a 13 second truck. Not gonna happen going straight from stock. But the performance difference is definitely there and incredible bang for your buck.

The biggest thing Ive noticed going back and forth from stock to tuned Wheatley PCM

Wheatley Tuned PCM-

-Firmer shifts

-Holds Gears longer Instead of wanting to upshift quickly.

-Idles 10x better than stock

-2nd gear Holds till 80 MPH at WOT ( shifts at 70 stock )

- 1-2 shift alone prolly cuts 2 tenths off the quarter mile from stock.

Those are the biggest things ive noticed from mine. Ive been wheatley tuned for almost 4 years Now.

For reference im just running Volant CAI, Magnaflow exhaust and Wheatley tune, so we are very close.

I think you will be happy. Some people expect too much thinking a tune alone will give you a 13 second truck. Not gonna happen going straight from stock. But the performance difference is definitely there and incredible bang for your buck.

Thanks man...sounds great! Wheatley is awesome to work with...so helpful!

Got the PCM back and truck feels awesome. Instant power no delay whatsoever. I do have a bit of a ruff idle....maybe I need better gas

• 4 months later...