WARNING hidnation.com HORRIBLE customer service

I bought and installed a low beam hid kit for my 05. One bulb did not work at all upon install. Changed polarity and swapped bulb to ballast and was definitely a bad bulb. I called about the problem. The young man informed me in a very condescending manner that it was probably installer error and in so many words check all that I had already done. As I tried to explain to him what was already done he hung up on me. In disbelief, I tried to convince myself that the call was merely dropped. At any rate I triple checked everything and returned the call. A young lady instructed me to submit a warranty form on the website. So, after buying a kit that came with a bad bulb my options were a) send the bad bulb back on my dime(about $8) plus$10 shipping and handling and the 2 week turn around, b) choose "expedited warranty for a nominal fee" of $20 or c) just buy a damn bulb at reg price of $19.99. I called today to verify these options which didnt seem right. Seems as though I got the same guy who proceeded to rudely interrupt again while I asked questions told me "use the warranty page!" and hung up on me for a second time. The kicker is I was never being rude, belligerent or confrontational. Well after immediately looking at the address to see they are about 2k miles from me so no chance of a face to face with this person I go back to the warranty page. I begrudgingly chose $20 "expedited warranty" option because I cant drive for two weeks with one headlight. After checkout I realize that I was also charged 16.99 for shipping on top of the $20 warranty exchange. I also failed to mention on the original purchase I added a $4.99 1 year warranty to the kit. Pardon the long winded rant, but to sum it up I paid for a low beam hid kit plus warranty, received a bad bulb with it, ended up paying an extra $36.99 just to get what I already paid for, and got hung up on twice in the process. I havent had many bad experiences with vendors in the past and have never given a review like this, but I will visit all the forums that I am a member of and give my experience since that is my sole recourse. If you choose to do business with hidnation do so at your own risk. They have no idea what customer service is and their "warranty" is a joke. Probably good for both of us that they reside in Huntington Beach, CA. Thanks for reading. On a side note , I need to purchase another kit for my hi beams, any input appreciated.

I had a set of hids from CARID.com when I bought my projector lights. Oddly the high beam ballasts went after a few years. I knew this wasn't a good set since they stopped selling hid kits and what I received looked used. Anyways this prompted me to go to Diode Dynamics.

I have read good reviews from them on another forum so decided to get all new hid kits for low, high and fog lights. All I can say is they are awesome. Far brighter than what I had. And I had an issue with one of the ballasts. Which they sent me a return unit within days and had great customer service. No charge for a replacement. The new kit is slim ballast and wiring just looked better quality.

They are not cheap but I am happy with the product.

Yeah, I know how things are as far as manufacturing these days. Hell Ive gotten $4k drive boards at work that were bad out of the box. I understand that but not crappy customer service, nor paying for something again that was bad to begin with. Anyway thanks leviser I will check them out

Wow I've been there before and it sucks. You should have said something I have like 3 extra sets of 6k Hid's n ballasts sitting in my garage brand new I would have sent them to you.

Wow I've been there before and it sucks. You should have said something I have like 3 extra sets of 6k Hid's n ballasts sitting in my garage brand new I would have sent them to you.

Man I appreciate it. 6k is actually what I bought. Hope they work thru the smoked lenses. Whole situation blows though.

Man, you cant make this shit up. I just got the package that was supposed to have my bulbs. Whats in it, 2 ballasts! Wtf! $100 later from a $34.99 kit and I have 4 ballasts and one bulb. This has got to be the worst ****ing company I have ever done business with. Im thru. Its a loss.

Man, you cant make this shit up. I just got the package that was supposed to have my bulbs. Whats in it, 2 ballasts! Wtf! $100 later from a $34.99 kit and I have 4 ballasts and one bulb. This has got to be the worst ****ing company I have ever done business with. Im thru. Its a loss.

Man that's just bad bad service. Tell you what give me your address n I'll send you some bulbs then :) Free

If you have email contact with this bunch of a hole clowns send them a link to this page. They need to know that the word is going round on them.

Man that's just bad bad service. Tell you what give me your address n I'll send you some bulbs then :) Free

Man I really appreciate the offer. I have already ordered a kit from ddm, and im going to try the more pricey ones for the hi beams and do the mod so lows and highs are on simultaneously. However, your generosity confirms that these doofuses are an exception. Thank you.

Your Welcome I try to help others out whenever I can. I just believe in the old pay it forward deal. It's a lot easier helping others out than being a jerk. GL with the Hid's offer still good if you need I have 2 sets of 6k n a set of 10's I'll prob change mine out to 4300's soon :)